Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on Truesberry.

Is it wearable?
    I have such a soft spot for the name, as the most influential man in my life, was named Truesberry. (My grandmothers boyfriend) He passed on a few years back, and I would love to honour him and the name, should I stick to the middle name?
    Is Huckleberry close enough to use to honour him? (Which my husband and I both love...)
    His middle name was Gene.
    We have twins on the way, not sure of gender, but we are picking out four names. (Two boys, two girls...)
    For boys we were leaning towards Hawthorne, Hendrix, Liam, Finnick, and Titus.

Is it okay to name one twin after someone, and not the other?
    Other names we would like to honour someone with are.... Alexander, Matthew/Mateusz/Matthias (Other forms of Matt?), Popeye, and Rafal. Does Truesberry seem to far out there with the other names?
    Thoughts?

I thought truesberry was an alternative website to nameberry.
    I think its unusable.
    Cheers,
    alphabetters

My beautiful babies:
    Elena Rose (Ellie/Laney) 2011
    Felicity Iris Ruth (Lissy) 2012
    Archer Lawrence (Archie) 2014

Favourite future names: Broderick Pearson (Brock) or Griffin Pearson (Griffers) & Georgia Pearl (Gigi)

Quote Originally Posted by alphabetters View Post
    I thought truesberry was an alternative website to nameberry.
    I actually laughed out loud at this- I had a similar thought! Some new NB term maybe, along the lines of Teenberry or Britberry. Then again, even the word berry makes me think of Nameberry/its members rather than the kind you eat.

Maybe you'd like Truett?
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Commenting on the rest of your post...

Huckleberry is definitely close enough, but as a name is closely tied to Huckleberry Finn and you'd probably get asked if you named your son after him.

I like Hawthorne- it's earthy, rugged, and strong but soft and romantic at the same time. Hendrix reminds me of Jimi Hendrix, not sure if that's good to you or not. I'm not fond of Liam, though I love William. Finnick sounds like a brawny "tough guy," a wrestler or bodybuilder or something. Titus reminds me too much of the extremely gory Shakespeare play Titus Andronicus (I've never read or seen it actually, but from what I've heard I don't want to!)

Alexander is a safe, solid choice that any boy could wear. I've known too many Matthews to be excited by it, Mateusz is interesting but would cause spelling/pronunciation issues in an English-speaking country (I think it's something like maht-eush? but not sure), and I've never been too keen on Matthias. Popeye sounds like a cartoon character, and reminds me of the fast food chain Popeyes and of Hawkeye (a system used in tennis to track the trajectory of the ball, hard to explain!). Rafal sounds odd to me, Rafael is much more familiar but still feels a touch exotic.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I think if you did go with Truesberry, Hawthorne would make a great brother.

Is it wearable? Well, you know someone who wore it, so I guess it is. If you get weird looks you can always say that you named him after someone.

Honestly, boys names are pretty damn boring, it's about time people branched out and gave boys the interesting names girls have enjoyed for decades. So I'm all for it! If you love it, do it!

I'm not as keen on Huckleberry, because I do think "Huckleberry Finn" but I get this every single time I hear my cousin's name too (he's just a regular Finn ).

I think Finnick and Titus would each go well with both Alexander and Matthew, my favourite combo being Finnick Alexander.

I'm drawing the name at Popeye though, even if you knew a Popeye I'm pretty sure people will just think you hate that child