Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Martha?

Martha?

Martha popped into my head out of the blue and I think it would be just adorable and somehow very fresh on a little girl (even though I kind of find the name a bit stuffy).

What do you think of Martha? Ready for a comeback?

Any nickname and/or middle name ideas to make it fresh and spunky?
    Proud mama of Henry Atlas, born in July 2012
    Expecting a little lady this summer!

Currently loving...
    Girls: Lila Poet, Catherine Indiana, Gemma Scout, Juliet Liberty, Ramona Holiday, Louisa Merit, Lucy Hero, Phoebe Sunday, Margot Phoebe
    For boys: Julian Sayer, Jasper Locke, Pierre Otis, Pascal Odin, Peter Crusoe, Thomas Wilder, Robin Ulysses

Martha is in my top 5! I love it so much, it sounds so cute and makes me think of a sweet little girl with blond curls! My combo is Martha May x

I have posted this before, but I really wish I liked Martha. My grandmother's name. However, I just find it very old fashioned and not in a vintage way. I have met a few little Martha's and I just felt sorry for them.

I knew a girl named Martha in high school. She was a very smart, nice person. But, she hated her name because she couldn't get a nickname out of it (and I don't think she had a middle name). She now goes by Mae instead.

I love it! I've met one 30 year old Marta and one 5 year old Marta but never an actual Martha. It's a vintage name and at the same time it isn't an old lady name. It's a shame there aren't that many little Marthas.
    Last edited by niusity; March 6th, 2014 at 04:59 PM.
    Girls: Neva, Hope, Katherine, Harlow, Vivienne, Florence, Grace, Nalha, Primrose, Arabella, Isla.

Boys: Nicholas, Luke, Stephen, Leon, John, William, Henry, Victor, Fredrich, Rainer, Simon, Felix.