Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuturemrsb View Post
    Damaging? Really?

But no, none of those names are even remotely "damaging".
    Yep, that was the sugar coat version of what I was told - the real one involved swearing, an argument and the deletion of an account. It sort of sent me into a panic haha.
    Ladies: Florence•Amelia•Daisy•Martha•Millie•Scar lett•Sophia•Poppy•Freya•Amelie•Maisie• Olivia•Charlotte•Imogen•Harriet
    Evie•Lillian•Isabelle•Ella•Louisa•Eleano r•Violet•Lucy•Annabelle•Phoebe•Elsie•M innie•Matilda•Grace•Evelyn•Pixie

Gentlemen: Albert•Matthew•Henry•Louis•William•Harry •Teddy•James•Charlie•Christopher• Ernest•Andrew•Adam•Thomas•Alfie
    Edward•Archie•Daniel•Harrison•George•Sta nley•Joel•Rafferty•Michael•Samuel•Winsto n•Freddie•Darcy

The only one I can see any harm with is Delilah because of the biblical reference. I think this doesn't necessarily only affect Christians - I would be worried about giving my child the name of a well known character with a bad reputation (do you understand what I mean).
    Otherwise they are all perfectly good names - most of them aren't my style but that's not really the point.

I don't think that any of these names would be damaging at all. Your style is pretty awesome IMO. Many of the names on your list are on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jtucker View Post
    I don't think that any of these names would be damaging at all. Your style is pretty awesome IMO. Many of the names on your list are on mine.
    Haha, thank you! You have excellent taste x
    Ladies: Florence•Amelia•Daisy•Martha•Millie•Scar lett•Sophia•Poppy•Freya•Amelie•Maisie• Olivia•Charlotte•Imogen•Harriet
    Evie•Lillian•Isabelle•Ella•Louisa•Eleano r•Violet•Lucy•Annabelle•Phoebe•Elsie•M innie•Matilda•Grace•Evelyn•Pixie

Gentlemen: Albert•Matthew•Henry•Louis•William•Harry •Teddy•James•Charlie•Christopher• Ernest•Andrew•Adam•Thomas•Alfie
    Edward•Archie•Daniel•Harrison•George•Sta nley•Joel•Rafferty•Michael•Samuel•Winsto n•Freddie•Darcy

If someone insulted you and then gets their account deleted pretty quickly afterwards, I don't think you should worry yourself over it. That person has a lot of issues behind her abuse so try not to take it personally(I know it's hard). It also may have been a troll getting her kicks out of internet bullying. There seems to be alot of that going around. Don't let "toxic people" win the day and ruin your confidence! I don't think any of your names are "damaging" but there are a couple I wouldn't personally use as first names.

Ellie - just reminds me of the blond dimwit Ellie-Mae on the Beverly Hillbillies.
    Effie - sounds like a short version of the F-word. When we didn't want to say the full word when we were children, my siblings and I said this word. Yeah, I know we were weird!
    All the best,
    Mischa.