Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Violet, Rose and Hazel as sisters?

Violet, Rosalie "Rose" and Hazel

Is this a little too strong of a theme for sisters? I love all three of these names, but it just occurred to me that they may seem a little... matchy.

What do you think?

“You're only given a little spark of madness. You musn't lose it.”
    --Robin Williams--

Call me
    Hazel {pen name} or Rory {nickname}
    Astrid Eira Elowen Eva Juno Nova Poppy Rose Soleil Sunniva
    Christian Donovan Edmund Elliot Julian Leo Orion Theodore Vincent Walter

They are beautiful names but do strike me as theme-y. I personally don't care for sisters with all flower names or all color names. But this sibset isn't glaringly matchy.......at first impression, I didn't immediately make the connection.

They are very theme. But if you are okay with that I think they also work.
    I esp like Violet and Rosalie together. Hazel is nms. But I think something like Violet, Rosalie and Lillian would make the flower theme a little less of a “slap in the face” with Rosalie and Lillian being very slightly veiled variations.
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

Quote Originally Posted by lexiem View Post
    They are very theme. But if you are okay with that I think they also work.
    I esp like Violet and Rosalie together. Hazel is nms. But I think something like Violet, Rosalie and Lillian would make the flower theme a little less of a “slap in the face” with Rosalie and Lillian being very slightly veiled variations.
    All of this, except I like Hazel and Rosalie together and Violet is nms.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

I agree that they are very themey, but I think you could get away with it if it was a lot of siblings and they didn't all have flowery names (like Violet, Emilia, Julian, Henry, Serena, William, Frederick, Penelope, Zara, Hazel, and Rowan, for example? Obviously, it wouldn't have to be to that extreme, even, lol. I think something like Violet, Julian, Emilia, Henry, and Hazel would be okay...). But yeah, just Violet, Rosalie and Hazel is a bit much, for me anyway.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter