Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Your favourite 'S' names for boys?

I'm trying to come up with some great boys' names for a friend who would like to honour her grandmother, Susan. She's Jewish, and although not particularly religious (so they don't have to be Hebrew names or anything, in fact she seems to quite like European-feeling names) it's apparently traditional to honour deceased relatives by choosing a name beginning with the same letter. So far she sort of likes Sam (but isn't sure about Sam by itself, and doesn't like Samuel because of the "mule" sound, she says).

So, what are your favourite boys' names which begin with S? She'd also be willing to consider names with the same meaning, but I haven't found any boys' names which share Susan's meaning (lily).

My favourites are Sebastian and Sidney. If she wants to go for a similar 'Su' sound there's Sunny/Sonny (I prefer the latter spelling).
    Not expecting but hopefully one day that will change.

Favourite Combos
    Ivy Adelaide/Lyra Evangeline/Eliza Genevieve
    Hugo Benjamin/James Anthony/Rory Alexander

Other Favourites
    Octavia, Astrid, Estella, Hestia, Wallis, Sheridan
    Rafferty, Malachy, Jasper, Harrison, Sidney, Killian

My favorites are Sebastian, Solomon, and Spencer.

Some others ideas: Soren, Sawyer, Seamus, Silas, Stellan, Sullivan. Stellan and Sullivan both share some sounds in common with Susan.
    Cora Madeleine~Dahlia Vesper~Fiona Elspeth~Gwyneth Rosalie~Hazel Matilda~Margot Eliza~Sylvie Eloise~Vivienne Esme
    Arlo Vincent~Callum Ezra~Emmett Sebastian~Evander Leo~Julian Matteo~Lucian Xavier~Milo Everett~Theo Jameson

The only S names that I have on my list are Siegfried and Sverre. If she likes Sam, maybe she'll like Simon, Sean, Scott, Seth or Spencer?
    Last edited by oiseau; March 5th, 2014 at 11:18 AM.

I fancy these: Twila Posey, Odette Francesca, Orlaith Glimmer, Fianna Ruby, Indie Nell

Ouen Amos, Cillian Ambrose, Oswin Maverick, Casimir Orlando, Oscar Phineas  

I am seconding other berry suggestions of

Silas
    Soren
    Stellan
    Sebastian