Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Callen a real name?

I recently heard of the name Callen and can't get it out of my head now! It doesn't seem to have much history in the US yet it sounds familiar somehow...Anyone have any idea where it came from? Do you like it for a brother to Lucas? I like the nickname option of Cal and also that it would be a way to (sort of) honor my dad Allen but with a fresher name.

Callen is a surname. Callen is a TV character played by Chris O'Donnell on NCIS. I don't care for it too much. I prefer the similar Colin with a brother named Lucas.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Good to know, thanks! I like Callum too but thought it might be too Irish sounding with Lucas. Do you like Griffin with Lucas? I am drawn to it as well!

I love the spunky Griffin with Lucas. Do you call Lucas by his full name or by the nn Luke? Callum/Calum is actually Scottish but no matter. Callum would be my second choice. Do you like Eamon, Ewan or Evan?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I like Callan/Callen a lot, actually! From what I've heard, it has legitimate origins, but I think Calvin and Callum are more familiar, and people generally associate Callen to NCIS: Los Angeles. He's a cool character, though, and it's a pretty cool name. I prefer it with the Callan spelling. I think Lucas and Callum are fine, too, but I would love to see Lucas and Calvin! Griffin's okay, and Lucas and Griffin are nice, but I've never been a huge Griffin fan. I grew up with one, but now, for some reason, it seems so overrated to me. There's nothing wrong with it--I'm just not a huge fan.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory