Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone with two middle names experience?

My husband and I have been talking about using two middle names but he is concerned about how hard if would make things in their adult life. Just hoping to hear from your experiences. How hard is it with things like drivers license, passport, and any other legal documents?

I didn't grow up with two middle names but took my maiden name as a second middle when I married. I have to say it makes for a LONG name, (particularly when my married ln is super long itself). Other than a few mistakes on what my ln actually is (because it is so long on my ID that it takes up two lines which is not normal where I'm from) I haven't had any issues really. It hasn't impacted me that much at all to have such a long name now.
    Mama to twin boys Oliver Graham and Luke Axel

Hi Allimeg,
    I have two middle names and can honestly say it's never caused me any problems. My passport has my full name on, and so does my driver's license. The only thing that doesn't is my debit card - which only contains one initial, but that's not too important. My husband only has one middle name, so he was unsure about giving our boys two, but we did, and they flow nicely I wouldn't add on a second middle name for the sake of it, but I don't think two middle names is a problem at all.
    Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Baby number three expected to land in April 2015!

Phineas † Henry † Leo † Sebastian † Jasper † Conrad † Hugh † Theo † Jay † Tobias † Charlie † Isaac*
    Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Beatrice ‡ Eliza ‡ Esther ‡ Susannah*

*See my whole lists here: Boys, Girls

I have two middle names, and even though it's a pain to write it all out, you really don't have to do it that often. All of my official documents have my full name on, there's never been any problems with that. I like having two middles because are they are both meaningful/family names. I wouldn't do it for the sake of it, but if you have people you wanna honour, or to use names that you really love or that mean a lot to you, then it's a good way to do it.

All three of my children have 2 middle names.
    Filling out passport forms etc was a REAL pain.
    Many official places only recognise ONE middle name (the first mn is the default one). This worked out badly for one of my children as her FN is a B and MNs SJ- so when they only count one MN her initials as BS... which I didn't consider would have been a problem- but it sometimes is.
    I am expecting a baby and am seriously debating having just one MN this time. IF I decide on two they will be short and simple ones. I think in hind sight, I wouldn't use two middles. That said, a majority of their life they just use their first and last names.
    Phoebe Eliza Grace arrived after 2 Years of IVF