Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Finally got hubby's opinions

I finally got my husband to weigh in on names for our girl. We narrowed down our short list to 3 names. I've posted 2 before, but here are our (final?) Top 3. Any and all opinions welcome.

Emerald Christine Wood "Emmy"
    Kerrigan Sage Wood
    Riddley Iris Wood "Riddles"

I'm ok with not having a nickname for Kerrigan, but if you can think of something cute that's not "Kerri" let me know!

What a great little list!
    My husband loves the name Ridley for a girl, but it's too masculine for me.
    My favorite from your list is Kerrigan Sage. Great name, and Sage works great as a middle here. Kerrigan is cute as a young girl and professional and mature later in life. Love this option. I can't think of any nn other than Kerri off the top of my head, but that's ok... One may pop up that your not expecting!
    "Pretty is something you're born with. But beauty, that's an equal opportunity adjective."

Emerald Christine - I like this one best (maybe because of Emmy? Or maybe it's just because I don't like unisex names?). I am usually not a fan of Emerald (it doesn't seem very namey to me), but Emerald Christine works, and Emmy Wood is cute.
    Kerrigan Sage - sounds very androgynous to me, which could be a good or bad thing, depending on what you're wanting. If not Kerri, how do you feel about Kerra? Like Cara (CARE-ah)? I think you could pull Iggy, Annie, and Kiki out of it, as a stretch, but I like Kerra the best, honestly.
    Riddley Iris - LOVE the mn Iris, but Ridley reminds me of Ridley Scott (the movie producer?), and Ripley's Believe it or Not, and it just comes across as really masculine to me. I can't see it on a girl at all, sorry. I do like the idea of Hadley Iris, but I'm not sure how much it'd appeal to you?

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I have a tendency to like typical male names as female names, but I realize that a lot of people dont. I'm ok with that. I dont really like girly names at all.

Emerald Christine is my favorite
    Kerrigan Sage is hubby's favorite, although I love it too
    Riddley Iris was our #1 girl name when I was pregnant with my first, which turned out to be a boy (Tucker Rene)

Emmy is such a cute nickname, although pretty popular, but I would be fine with it if she has a non-typical first name for it. Emerald is really the only first name I like for Emmy.

I didnt even think of Iggy for Kerrigan, but I like it! I'll have to remember that one if we choose to use this name.

I'm really not sure where it came from, but for some reason, I really like the nickname Riddles for a little girl, as silly as it is. And Riddley is the only name I've seen that would work and (to me) is unisex.

oh, and my husband hates Hadley. It's also pretty trendy right now.