Results 1 to 5 of 8
Thread: Other Forms of These Names?
March 3rd, 2014 07:12 PM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2013
Other Forms of These Names?
So, lately, I've been seriously considering the family names I'd like to use when I have kids.
I made a list, then slowly began to realize that... My family names are rather boring. There are a couple that I enjoy, but they're not the names of people I'd REALLY like to honor. I then realized that I could use other forms, or even nicknames for the full names instead of the boring ones. This is where you guys come in.
Could you all please suggest a few other options for these names? (I'll have the ones I've already thought of in parenthesis)
- Leeann (Leanna...)
- Lucille (Lucy, Lucia...)
- Christopher (Kit, Topher...)
- Tony (Anthony...)
Thank you so much!
Last edited by flybella; March 3rd, 2014 at 07:16 PM.Fly, Bella
March 3rd, 2014 07:38 PM #3
Michelle - Michaela, Michelline
Leeann - Lena
Eileen - Aileen, Eleanor, Lena
Mary - Marie, Maria, Maureen, Molly
Debbie - I'm not sure for this one.
Lee - Leela, Leah, Lena, Lisa
Lucille - Other than the ones you mentioned, I'm not sure.
Christopher - Christian, Christoph
Tony - Antonio
Lynn - I don't know.
Lee - Leland,Madison, 14-year-old name nerd! My style is all over the place, my favorites change all the time.
Boys: David, Eric, Finlay, George, James, Jude, Lee, Michael, Paul, Richard, Rory.
Girls: Emmanuelle, Frederica, Jayne, Juliet, Lauren, Mary, Molly, Nora, Raffaela, Stella.
March 3rd, 2014 07:50 PM #5
Michelle- Michaela, Chelle (pronounced like shell), Michella (Michelle-uh), Michelina (Michelle-ee-nuh, I believe), Micheline (Michelle-een).
- Leeann (Leanna...) You could use any name with Lee or Anna in it somewhere, since Leann is a combo of Lee and Ann. Like Rosalee, Annalee, Leela. But there are no other direct forms of Leann.
- Eileen- Eileen is the anglicized version of EibhlÍn, which is the Irish form of Aveline, which comes from Avila. So Aveline or Ava or Avila. It is considered the Irish form of Helen, so any of the Helen names: Helena, Elena, Ellen, Iliana, Illia, Elina, Olena, Eleni, etc.
- Mary- I like Mary on its own, but Mary has many forms: Miriam, Marie, Maria, Miren, Maia (Basque form), Moira, Moriah, Marianne, Mariana, Marielle, Mia (Sweedish), Marina (possibly related to Marius, which could come from Maria), Mairwen (Welsh), etc.
- Debbie- Debrah, Deborah, Devorah, Dvora. Sorry, these ones are not as fun.
- Lee- See Leann
- Lucille (Lucy, Lucia...)- Lucille is coming back into fashion, but if you want something else: Lucilia, Lux, Luciana, Lucilla, Lucinda.
- Christopher (Kit, Topher...)- I like Kit. There are a lot of Chris forms, my favorite is Kristoff/Cristoff. Also Christophoros, Christobal, Christian, Cristos/Kristos, Chris. There are Christabel or Christiana or Christine/Christina or Kirsten for a girl, all of that family of works. Sorry, that's all I've got.
- Tony (Anthony...)- Antonello, Andoni, Andonis, Antoine, Antonin, Anton, Antonella for a girl. Sorry, that is all I've got.
- Lynn- I'm sorry, I'm not sure what to give you. For a boy, I've got nothing. There are lots of names for girls this would work from: Adelynn, Madelynn, Carolyn, etc.
- Lee- For a boy, I've got nothing, see Leann for a girl.
Last edited by hardertobreathe; March 3rd, 2014 at 08:27 PM.Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
Current Favorites:| Ariadne | Calliope | Eulalie | Georgiana | Marta | Cecily | Hermione | Jane | Isabel | Petra |
| Linus | Jonas | Basil | Jude | Augustine | Jasper | Thomas | Ezra | Gus | Augustus |
Pondering: | Cecilia |
Have a fabulous day!
March 3rd, 2014 08:12 PM #7Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2013
March 3rd, 2014 08:32 PM #9Senior Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2013
- New York, USA
- Michelle - Michelline, Michaela, Micha
- Leeann - Eliana, Leah/Lia
- Eileen - Leila, Eliana, Elena, Isla (similar sound?), Ellie
- Mary - Maria, Maia/Maya, Magdalene, Margo
- Debbie - Deborah, Day, Daisy, Delaney
- Lee - Leah?
- Lucille - Luccia, Lux, Lucien, Lucius, Lulu
- Christopher - Christian, Colombus (haha)
- Tony - Antonia, Antoine
- Lynn - Leila, Linden, Linder