View Poll Results: Help us decide!

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Francine Eliza

39 65.00%
  • Maxine Rosalie

21 35.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I like the name Maxine Rosalie much more than Francine Eliza-- it seems stronger and more distinctive. Francine always seems a little insubstantial to me, like a name for a French poodle, whereas Maxine is tough and glamorous.

I hesitate too due to the similarity with big sister Roxanne, but the ending sounds are different enough.

And if I may say so-- you gave a rather spirited defense of Maxine. Are you sure it's not your secret favorite? Have you heard the coin toss trick? Assign heads to Maxine, tails to Francine, flip a coin, and before you peek-- which one are you hoping it is?
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Theodora / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Tariq

I love Eliza and Rosalie. But you and I have very different styles. I prefer Maxine, but it is pretty close to Roxanne.

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    I like the name Maxine Rosalie much more than Francine Eliza-- it seems stronger and more distinctive. Francine always seems a little insubstantial to me, like a name for a French poodle, whereas Maxine is tough and glamorous.

I hesitate too due to the similarity with big sister Roxanne, but the ending sounds are different enough.

And if I may say so-- you gave a rather spirited defense of Maxine. Are you sure it's not your secret favorite? Have you heard the coin toss trick? Assign heads to Maxine, tails to Francine, flip a coin, and before you peek-- which one are you hoping it is?
    Ha! I like both names. And I'm not 100 percent on either of them so I can defend them equally as well. I just don't want the decision to be decided on things that won't even cross their minds as adults. I want to decide based on the name itself.

Thanks for the comments! The French poodle one made me laugh.

I like Maxine Rosalie and I think Maxine, Vera, and Roxanne can work as a sibset. They all feel like bold, substantial, names-- Francine is the odd name out. I do like Frankie as a nn with Roxanne and Vera-- do you like Francesca at all?

I like both names but I think Francine is the better option with older sisters named Roxanne and Vera.
    All the best,
    Mischa.