Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Fiona or Olivia?

Which do you like better Fiona or Olivia? Does Fiona make you think of Shrek? I know Olivia is popular, but I love it so it doesn't bother me.
    Thanks

I love both these names so much! Oh man, it's so hard to choose. I'm going to go with Fiona just because it's so elegant. The Shrek association does bother me a little, but I don't think it would stop me from using it.
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeleine Hope, Linnea Ruby, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara ?, Fiona Violet, Bridget Amelia, Lydia Charlotte Eden Elizabeth, Eliza ?, Evelyn ?

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Drew, Evan Robert, Joel ?, Quinn ?, Dawson Cole, Griffin Miles, Judah Nathaniel, Greyson Jeremiah, Roman Isaiah

I think both names are beautiful. Fiona can make me think of Shrek, but it's not a deterrent for me. I think the name is easily disassociated with the character when it's on a person!
    Claire

Eleanor, Esther, Genevieve, Tess, Celia, Iris, Arden, Paige, Amalia, Fiona, Eliza
    Samuel, Theodore, Elias, Simon, Cole, Thomas, Henry, Eamon, Arthur

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
    - Albus Dumbledore

Both are fine names in their way. While Olivia would be the safeer, predictable option, I do think Fiona would be the more memorable choice.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Both are fine names in their way. While Olivia would be the safeer, predictable option, I do think Fiona would be the more memorable choice.
    Agree. Also would add that I know of one Fiona but lots of Olivia's (3 Olivia and 1 just Livia). And I've heard of no Shrek comments with the Fiona.
    Mom to... Augustine Mark "Augie", India Marie "Indie", Theodore Odell "Teddy" and Philippa Lee "Pippa"