Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Felicity

I didn't even realise Felicity was a 'word' so it can't be that commonly used. To me it's a name through and through. I know a Felicity who goes by Flick.
    Sienna, Laura, Charlotte, Aimee, Ellison, Molly, Clara
    Kurtis, Ronan, Kai, Cameron, Miles, Emmett, Ramsey, Elliott

I adore Felicity. It's always been one of my favourites. Felicity has a charming, happy, tinkly feel to me! It doesn't feel wordy to me as Felicity hasn't been used as a word (in ordinary conversation) for a century.

Edit to add: Felicity seems strangely popular where I live. I know three - they go by Flick, Flik and Fliss. My favourite is Fliss!
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

I didn't even know Felicity was a word name! lol. It's gorgeous and I love it.
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeline Hope, Linnea ?, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara Noelle, Violet Elora, Lydia Charlotte, Elaine Victoria, Evelyn Ruby

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Quinn, Evan Robert, Joel Dominic, Quinn Patrick, Dawson Cole, Judah Nathaniel, Rhys Jeremiah, Roman Gabriel, Lachlan Jude

I don't think of Felicity as a word name. If you think about it, every name could be a word name because they all mean something.
    berry combo results
    copy the link into your internet

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d47y3juii5a5ko3/berry%20combo%20summer%202014.pdf?dl=0

95% of the time when I introduce my daughter Felicity, people are 1) completely unfamiliar with the name and 2) have no idea that it means happiness, so they are unfamiliar with the root word! And I have to say, I go by her nickname that my husband came up with, "Lissy", 80% of the time, much more than I thought I would, but it is just so natural!
    Cheers,
    alphabetters

My beautiful babies:
    Elena Rose (Ellie/Laney) 2011
    Felicity Iris Ruth (Lissy) 2012
    Archer Lawrence (Archie) 2014

Favourite future names: Broderick Pearson (Brock) or Griffin Pearson (Griffers) & Georgia Pearl (Gigi)