Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Jinger but no Jasmine!

This is one of many major annoyances with the Duggars that I have, why the frack have they got a daughter called Jinger when there are so many other J names they had to choose from. Why is there no Jasmine or Jade? Why is there no Jack or even, the very obvious, Jay!?

The Duggar kids names:
    Joshua James
    Jana Marie
    John-David
    Jill Michelle
    Jessa Lauren
    Jinger Nicole
    Joseph Garrett
    Josiah Matthew
    Joy-Anna
    Jedidiah Robert
    Jeremiah Robert
    Jason Michael
    James Andrew
    Justin Samuel
    Jackson Levi
    Johannah Faith
    Jennifer Danielle
    Jordyn-Grace Makiya
    Josie Brooklyn

How did they get to Jinger before Jennifer! Jennifer is probably the most popular J names for girls, it's probably one of the most popular girls names in history!

It baffles me that there is no:
    Jasmine, Jade/ Jada, Jayden, Jelena, Jemima, Jensen, Jamie, Jack, Jake/ Jacob, Jody, Joey, Jude, Julian, Julienne, Joëlle, Joel, Juno, Jorja, Jael, Jalene, Janae, Jane, Jean, Janelle, Janine, Janet, Janice, Jenna, Jocelyn, Judith, Jameson, Japheth, Jared, Jaron, Jarrell, Jarrett, Jasper, Jeffrey, Jeremy, Jethro, Jett, Joab, Jaochim, Jonah, Jonathan, Jorge, Jotham, Jules, Julius... Etc... Etc... Etc

If you could rename the Duggar kids, what would you call them?

Well perhaps they did consider those names but either just put off using them or just didn't like them or felt they fit the child they were having at the time. Jinger I think they went for because perhaps they liked Ginger but didn't want her to feel left out with her other siblings having J names.

Some names I do like from their children: Joshua, Jessa, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason, Johannah and Josie.

Names that I don't mind from their kids: Jana, Joseph, Josiah, James and Justin.

Names I would change:

John-David (Incredibly boring in my eyes) (I would have named him Joel David instead, just as classic but not as common...also no hyphen)
    Jill Michelle (I prefer the longer and fuller Jillian Michelle)
    Jinger Nicole (No, Ginger is Ginger with a G, plus I just don't like it as a name) (I would have named her Jade Nicola)
    Joy-Anna (I just don't like the double first names) (I would have kept them apart as just Joy Anna *no hyphen*)
    Jackson Levi (I would have named him Jasper...would have kept Levi there though)
    Jennifer Danielle (I can't stand either name personally) (I would have named her Juliet Davina)
    Jordyn-Grace Makiya (This makes me want to cry) (I would have named her Junia Grace)

Overall I don't think they did that bad of a job. The only one that truly drives me crazy and up the wall is Jordyn's name.

Just call me Pandora...

Leandro, Viggo, Rollo, Roscoe, Felix, Florian, Apollo
    Rosalind, Imogen, Adelaide, Iris, Persephone, Ariadne, Elsa

I don't particularly like Jasmine, but then again it's still better than Jinger.

I'd say with a Joseph and a Josiah and a Josie they're not really missing Joey?

My serve, same number of boys and girls:

Boys
    Judah
    Jesse
    Joaquin
    Jarrah
    Jasper
    Joel
    Jethro
    Jubal
    Jonathan
    Jericho

Girls
    Jane
    Jacqueline
    Jessamine
    Juanita
    Jacinta
    Juniper
    Jordana
    Jael
    Jocelyn

I know Joaquin, Juanita, Jacinta, and Jael might be seen as "cheating" because of the lack of hard J's, but I really like them and would take them over Jinger any day.

If they're not allowed, replace Joaquin with Jacobi, and the three girls with Jillian, Juliet, and Jonquil.

They also have a Jubilee Shalom.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

I know another family with 12 J named children. Just to add to the conversation, here's what they went for (I don't know their middle names)

Jacob
    Jessica
    Jennifer
    Jack
    Jeshuan (this one is just so unusual compared to the rest!)
    Julia
    Jimmy
    Jonathan
    Joseph
    Joanna
    Jasmine
    Joel

The mother of this family has a best friend who managed to have a Joshua and Judah without stealing a single J name from the list, and I would have chosen either of those over Jeshuan!!