Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

About the name "Emmy"

If you've seen either of our posts, you'll know that we both really love "Emmy".

The problem is we don't love any full names for it. The only name that we could remotely agree on as a full name is Emmeline (and we don't really like it all that much either, if we used Emmeline, it would always be "Emmy" never "Emmeline"). Would "Emmy" be bad as a full name? Could it work? My fiancé isn't sure about it as a full name (I think it could work, but see his worries) and we don't love any longer name for it but we LOVE "Emmy".

We're not looking for any other full names, since we've probably gone through literally every "Em" girl name (don't want a unisex/boy one) and can't agree or love any of them. And if the general thought is that it can't work (or if my fiancé can't get over the "fear" of it being a full name) then we will just pick a different name from our list.

One last thing, we only like the spelling "Emmy"; Emme looks incomplete to him and I think it would be mispronounced as "M" and we don't like Emmie.

Thank you so much!
    Last edited by althepal; March 2nd, 2014 at 05:32 PM.

Honestly, in the world of Hattie, Sadie, Cece, Coco, Lily, and Sophie, I think Emmy would fit right in! I love it, and if you love it, then I'd use it. You can give her a sophisticated middle name to go by as an adult if she so chooses.
    Madison, 13, teenberry, writer, and dreamer
    Elisabeth Verona "Evie", Briar Magdalene, Seraphina Lea (prn LEE), Elysia Quinn, Stella Rosalind, Gwendolyn Saige "Gwen" or "Winnie", Dahlia Niamh, Alessandra Kate, Eleni Mathilde (ma-TEEL), Charlotte Sylvana "Char"

Donovan Howard, Micah Rhys, Judah Matthew, Niall Maddox, Fabian Luca, Nikolai Roan, Cassius Noble, Tobin Porter, Theo Xavier, Evan Beckett

Today's Crushes: Phoebe and Atticus

Emmy
    How about Clementine?
    Names that contain EM could work too:
    Noemi
    Gemma
    Rosemary
    Demi
    Amelea
    Jemini
    Harlem
    Remi
    Henry, Viola, Ronan, Kayla, Wyatt & Tessa

Flora, Jane, Greta, Eve & Clara
    Adler, Charlie, Caleb, Gavin & Felix

Clementine was suggested on our first post but my fiancé doesn't like it at all. We really do not want other full names for Emmy, because at this point we are certain that we will never love any of the full names for it or agree on one.

I love the name Emmy it's cute and very girly! But if your fiance is totally set on having a longer name just choose a name that you both can agree on then just call her Emmy full time. I knew a woman who name her girl Elizabeth but the baby on answers to Ellie. Or my cousin also named Elizabeth is 4 and has only been called Ella her whole life!