Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    My ancestor did it for her sons. They all had the middle name Ethell. I found it very, very strange at the time but when I worked out why she'd done it, I didn't mind so much.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I think it's a great idea I have two sons and they both have the same middle name. They are FN MN Joseph LN and if we have a girl she will be FN MN Marie LN. It's a family tradition and I didn't want it to end. If you really like it go for it. And it has meaning to you so it' not a frivolous decision.
    Mom to Isaiah Gabriel, Zachariah Xavier and two precious angel babies.

Crossing our fingers for a sticky baby soon.

http://nameberry.com/blog/valentine-...t-link-to-love know someone who all the siblings had the dads name as their middle.. they thought it was weird and a bit full of himself.
    Personally, I think if you think outside the box and use some creativity you would be able to come up with something that ties them together but isnt exactly the same. Each child is unique, why not give them unique names?

http://nameberry.com/blog/valentine-...t-link-to-love

I love the idea of linking children: I've done it myself. My daughters mn is Rose to honour my great aunt, and my second daughters mn is Iris to tie them together because they are both my beautiful flowers, and I love that Iris also means rainbow this is special to me as well. If we have a third daughter her mn will be Aurora and it ties in bbecause it is also colors in the sky, there is a goddess both named Iris and Aurora, and Rose is also a colour! If we have a son, the middle name Lawrence is of a river I grew up beside, so it is still a nature name.

Also if you're open to new experiences and memories.. you may find something else you wish to immortalize as your life is lived! Best of luck.
    Cheers,
    alphabetters

My beautiful babies:
    Elena Rose (Ellie/Laney) 2011
    Felicity Iris Ruth (Lissy) 2012
    Archer Lawrence (Archie) 2014

Favourite future names: Broderick Pearson (Brock) or Griffin Pearson (Griffers) & Georgia Pearl (Gigi)

Why not? I'd like to add that I think Valentine is a perfectly lovely middle name!
    I know of a couple whose three daughters are all named Mary(for religious and family reasons) with different middle names-they went by their middle names. I guess I wouldn't do this, but only because I think Mary is a beautiful name that I want my child to actually use.

I think it is completely fine. I have heard of families who have a tradition of giving all the daughters the middle name Maria. For example, Christopher O'Neill (husband of Princess Madeleine of Sweden) has a daughter named Leonore Lilian Maria, a mother named Eva Maria, a sister named Tatjana Maria Margareta Nina and nieces named Anoushka Maria Violet, Celina Maria Isabel and Milana Maria.