Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MN for Emily

MN for Emily

I'm 28 weeks with our first baby (surprise gender) and DH and I have FINALLY agreed on a possible girls' name (although still miles away on a boys name).

I'm finding it hard to think of a middle name though. We've agreed on Emily, and our last name is one syllable beginning with H.

Here are the limitations - there are a few

I'd like to avoid anything beginning with E or H. Also avoid G, as I'm EGH and so don't want my daughter having the same initials as me!
    Names to avoid as they're already taken by family (we have a huge family with lots of girls): Elisabeth (me!) Cara, Sophie, Grace, Kate, Jessie, Lily, Charlotte, Joanna, Hazel, Kirstie (or anything similar), Rebecca, Rachel, Sarah...
    I'd also rather avoid names ending with the "ee" sound as I feel that clashes with Emily.

Style wise - I quite like one syllable names but that's not a rule. I'm also quite classic with name preferences and don't like "new" names.

I really liked Emily Rose but now can't shake the association with the movie of the Exorcism of Emily Rose
    I also like Emily Joy but DH has vetoed

Ideas?

Victor | Ephraim | Phineas | Alfred | Rupert

Trudy | Marceline | Ramona | Cicely | Winifred

I've always thought that Emily Violet is really stunning. Other ideas:
    Emily Blythe
    Emily Eve
    Emily Claire
    Emily Clover

Good luck!
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

I think Emily Grace would've been lovely, although you said Grace has already been used. Emily Rose is very pretty and "short but sweet". Here are some more suggestions:

Emily Jane
    Emily Sophie/Sophia
    Emily Lila
    Emily Kate
    Emily Mary
    Emily Skye
    teenberry . names . royals . history . photography

adelina sophia ♡ magdalena élisabeth ♡ isla aveline ♡ elysia rose ♡ ophelia maeve
    leo xavier ☆ alexander george ☆ thomas archie ☆ harry lysander ☆ nicholas louis

Girls list, boys list & name blog.

Crushes: daisy. victorine . arabella . philippe . matthew . ivor
    GP Crushes: pomeline . annemijn // rosemijn . eilidh . zephyrus . octavio. erasmus