Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

What name excuse do you hate the most ?

What is the one thing people say when they don't like a name, that you cannot stand / hate the most.

Example : " Your kid will be bullied if you give him/her that name. "

Mine, would be, " Don't name your kid ____ it's a surname ! "

James, Tyler, Scott, Harper, Barry, Tracy, Casey, Richard and many others, are surnames as well as first names, should people stop using James and Richard as little boys name? Of course not. It drives me nuts !

- What excuse that people give when they don't like a name, do you dislike the most?

** Just bored and curious

"Poor child, they'll be bullied because it's so unusual."

I hear it whenever I tell people what my favorite names are here in Russia, where people are extremely conservative about naming.
    polina ∙ 19 ∙ art history major ∙ web developer
    french/russian/swedish ∙ living in st. petersburg, russia

clementineastridsidoniaottoline
    felixsebastianmiloatticus

in the silence of your bones and eyes
    forgotten magic sits and waits for fire

"We changed the spelling so we can be unique!" and "That's way too popular". More the second one, but still. Both make me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by polina View Post
    "Poor child, they'll be bullied because it's so unusual."
    Hate to break it to you m'dear, but where I live, usually kids with strange and unusual names get picked on (more in the lower grades)! O_o
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

Quote Originally Posted by dramagrl19 View Post
    Hate to break it to you m'dear, but where I live, usually kids with strange and unusual names get picked on (more in the lower grades)! O_o
    I guess I had to explain it better.
    The names I like aren't absolutely out there, they are unusual, but familiar. Anyways, I was talking about Russia, like I said, people are too conservative about naming there (only about 50 names for each gender are considered "normal", others are unusual).

Bullying hardly depends a child's name. The bully might be named Hildegarde and the bullied one Sophia. If mean children want to pick on someone, they'll find a reason.
    That doesn't mean I'm encouraging people to give their children names that are absolutely out there, though. You have to always keep in mind your baby might be shy and unable to pull of a very different name.

Oh, and do you really need to be so rude just because I don't share your opinion?
    polina ∙ 19 ∙ art history major ∙ web developer
    french/russian/swedish ∙ living in st. petersburg, russia

clementineastridsidoniaottoline
    felixsebastianmiloatticus

in the silence of your bones and eyes
    forgotten magic sits and waits for fire

Quote Originally Posted by polina View Post
    I guess I had to explain it better.
    The names I like aren't absolutely out there, they are unusual, but familiar. Anyways, I was talking about Russia, like I said, people are too conservative about naming there (only about 50 names for each gender are considered "normal", others are unusual).

Bullying hardly depends a child's name. The bully might be named Hildegarde and the bullied one Sophia. If mean children want to pick on someone, they'll find a reason.
    That doesn't mean I'm encouraging people to give their children names that are absolutely out there, though. You have to always keep in mind your baby might be shy and unable to pull of a very different name.

Oh, and do you really need to be so rude just because I don't share your opinion?
    My apologies if I came across as rude. That wasn't my intent. But I see your point.
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)