Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Low class and stripper name excuses as someone with a "low class stripper name" being middle class and my mum works with children I don't think it's fair to say that all Ebony's are low class (normally it's also a black name which I find really bad) . Most low class people don't get low class names, I know two middle class Lakeisha's
    Also I can't imagine a grandma with that name well one day there will be granddad Kayden's and grandma Nevaeh's and I will be Nana Ebony in 60 years time.
    Last edited by emiliana; February 28th, 2014 at 09:04 PM.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

'can you picture a doctor with a name that cute?!"

Well, considering all of my past doctors have been Dr. *insert first initial and surname here* , yes? I don't even know my past doctors given names, nor do I care to be honest. A doctor who's first name is Millie could easily be more qualified than a doctor named Amelia or Millicent. I can't even begin to fathom looking down at a doctor over their name.
    Last edited by lawsonhaley; February 28th, 2014 at 10:19 PM.

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

Quote Originally Posted by emiliana View Post
    Low class and stripper name excuses as someone with a "low class stripper name" being middle class and my mum works with children I don't think it's fair to say that all Ebony's are low class (normally it's also a black name which I find really bad) . Most low class people don't get low class names, I know two middle class Lakeisha's
    Also I can't imagine a grandma with that name well one day there will be granddad Kayden's and grandma Nevaeh's and I will be Nana Ebony in 60 years time.
    I've gotten a few comments about how Haley is a stripper's name, or it's a name that'll end up all over Jerry Springer one day (my sister Mikayla has gotten the same), it's gotten ridiculous. My name's trashy? Ok cool, but yanno what? Honey Boo Boo's family isn't exactly high society, but Alana, Anna, Lauren/Lauryn, June and Jessica all seem to be regarded much higher than Haley and Mikayla.

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonhaley View Post
    'can you picture a doctor with a name that cute?!"

Well, considering all of my past doctors have been Dr. *insert first initial and surname here* , yes? I don't even know my past doctors names, nor do I care to be honest. A doctor who's first name is Millie could be easily be more qualified than a doctor named Amelia or Millicent. I can't even begin to fathom looking down at a doctor over their name.
    That infuriates me too.

My GP's first name is legitimately Daisy... I also know of a pharmacist named Zelie, and our Vet's name is Ike, not short for anything. Although I also see a double standard here between female/males, nobody would ever question whether a male Charlie could get a medical (or law or whatever) degree, but a female Charlie? No way. Call her Charlotte, at least. Hah.
    It's ridiculous.

And do these people not even contemplate that statistically, a huge number of doctors in 25 years will have names like Kyson and Mckailee? They're used by middle/upper class Americans all the time - yet Poppy or Maisie are too informal for that sort of environment? Yeah, super logical.
    close to my heart / future darlings
    Rufus - Emmett - Hugh - Amadeus - Wilfrid - Eoghan - Alec
    Estella - Una - Jemima - Eilidh - Lettice - Billie - Raphaela

olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' and finally seventeen. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by oliviasarah View Post
    That infuriates me too.

My GP's first name is legitimately Daisy... I also know of a pharmacist named Zelie, and our Vet's name is Ike, not short for anything. Although I also see a double standard here between female/males, nobody would ever question whether a male Charlie could get a medical (or law or whatever) degree, but a female Charlie? No way. Call her Charlotte, at least. Hah.
    It's ridiculous.

And do these people not even contemplate that statistically, a huge number of doctors in 25 years will have names like Kyson and Mckailee? They're used by middle/upper class Americans all the time - yet Poppy or Maisie are too informal for that sort of environment? Yeah, super logical.
    YES! I love Jamie and Archie on a boy - no issues there, but as soon as I mention Millie or Edie for a girl I get 'can you picture a boss with that name?!" It's sad to be honest. Names like Lottie, Edie and Betsy were top names 100 years ago, now they're just nicknames. *le sigh*. I had a dentist once named Stephany, and I went to school with loads of girls who are going to become doctors of some kind, named Kylie, Jessie (not short for anything), Makayla, Daveena, it goes on. One girl I went to school with is from a family of all girls with unisex names - Alex, Taylor, Mackenzie and Spencer. Every single one of those girls is going to medical school/has completed medical school. Alex (just Alex) has now become a sports therapist without being an Alexandra, and Taylor (one of the first female Taylor's in my area) is now a chiropractor. Names aren't everything when it comes to the workplace.