Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    I dont want to hear what people think which is why im not telling anyone until she's born. They could say something after but its less likely once thats the name. Its interesting because everyone has such strong feelings about names. You could pick something very popular or"normal" and still people wouldnt like it.

Quote Originally Posted by laury View Post
    When people call a name low-class, it makes me curl my toes.

Out of a genuine sense of curiosity, is it that someone says a name is low class that you hate or is it that a name you like has, for whatever reason, developed that association?

I would definitely want someone to tell me if I name I was considering sounded low class since the perception of such things is more important than the reality.
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

Quote Originally Posted by laury View Post
    When people call a name low-class, it makes me curl my toes.
    Totally agreed.

Adele, Margot, Elsa & Henry, Felix, Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by freya_1983 View Post
    Out of a genuine sense of curiosity, is it that someone says a name is low class that you hate or is it that a name you like has, for whatever reason, developed that association?

I would definitely want someone to tell me if I name I was considering sounded low class since the perception of such things is more important than the reality.
    People that consider "low-class" a bad thing make me furious. There is nothing wrong with being of a lower class.

Adele, Margot, Elsa & Henry, Felix, Oscar

This is more specific but I've got 'You mean from the film- isn't that a bit weird?', in reference to Caspian! But generally it irritates me when people think there's something wrong with using book/TV/film character names.
    People that consider "low-class" a bad thing make me furious. There is nothing wrong with being of a lower class.
    Completely agree with this. And the comments about unusual names/ bullying.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    ✦ Pandora Valencia Fae ✧ Evanthe Lyra Annabeth ✦
    Little Misses
    ✧ Caspian Sherlock Walter ✦ Phoenix Arthur Blaise ✧
    Mister Men

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •