Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Names too Tied to Character/Person to Use?

Hi berries,

Are there any names that you love, but are too connected to a character or person that you could never use it?

For example, I really like the name Forrest, but I don't think I would ever use it because of Forrest Gump.
    Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla

I personally love some of my favourite names because of a character. I would love to use Hermione (Harry Potter) and Caspian (Narnia) for example!
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

I really like the name Lolita but find it to be definitively unusable.

I actually know a little boy named Forrest. I've never thought Forrest Gump where he's concerned.
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

Like jem, I love Caspian because it's a brilliant name and because of the character. I also love Edmund, Amadeus and Darcy (I'd use all of them if I could), but Sherlock is the name I love that's probably the the one too tied to a character to use, even as a middle.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    Pandora Valencia FaeEvanthe Lyra Annabeth
    Little Misses
    Caspian Sherlock WalterPhoenix Arthur Blaise
    Mister Men

Crushing on... ✦ AmadeaGeorgianaViolaPtolemyArchieHamish
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

I'm very drawn to literary names so them being tied to a fictional character isn't a problem for me, but it is with real people. As an example, I find the name Sophia very lovely but I knew a girl growing up who had a learning disability that made me find her extremely irritating (as a child myself) and now I can only think about that irritation when I hear "Sophia." I just can't help it.

So there are a few names that have real-people associations for me that I can't get over. Which is ok because they're not names I'm particularly drawn to anyway but it means that instead of being indifferent when I hear them I may cringe a little on the inside lol.
    { Current Faves }

Azura | Antigone | Charlotte | Desdemona | Imogen | Linnea | Theodora | Minerva | Ophelia

Cassius | Linneaus | Massimo | Gabriel | Thaddeus/Taddeo | Matteo | Theodore | Xanthus | Xavier