Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Names too Tied to Character/Person to Use?

Hi berries,

Are there any names that you love, but are too connected to a character or person that you could never use it?

For example, I really like the name Forrest, but I don't think I would ever use it because of Forrest Gump.
    Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla

I personally love some of my favourite names because of a character. I would love to use Hermione (Harry Potter) and Caspian (Narnia) for example!
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

I really like the name Lolita but find it to be definitively unusable.

I actually know a little boy named Forrest. I've never thought Forrest Gump where he's concerned.
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

Like jem, I love Caspian because it's a brilliant name and because of the character. I also love Edmund, Amadeus and Darcy (I'd use all of them if I could), but Sherlock is the name I love that's probably the the one too tied to a character to use, even as a middle.
    Wholock | Historian | Biochemist | Single Pringle | Teenberry (16)
    Hoping to be a mummy in the future. Dreaming of...
    Caspian Sherlock Walter, Phoenix Arthur Blaise, Ptolemy Alexander Remus, Horatio Albert Louis ✦
    Mister Men

Pandora, Georgiana, Lyra, Fae, Clara, Hermione, Alexandria, Evanthe, Persephone, Beatrix
    Little Misses

Please click here to help me decide on some combos. Thanks! Refresh if you get an error message.

I'm very drawn to literary names so them being tied to a fictional character isn't a problem for me, but it is with real people. As an example, I find the name Sophia very lovely but I knew a girl growing up who had a learning disability that made me find her extremely irritating (as a child myself) and now I can only think about that irritation when I hear "Sophia." I just can't help it.

So there are a few names that have real-people associations for me that I can't get over. Which is ok because they're not names I'm particularly drawn to anyway but it means that instead of being indifferent when I hear them I may cringe a little on the inside lol.
    { Current Faves }

Azura | Antigone | Charlotte | Desdemona | Imogen | Linnea | Theodora | Minerva | Ophelia

Cassius | Linneaus | Massimo | Gabriel | Thaddeus/Taddeo | Matteo | Theodore | Xanthus | Xavier