Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on this list of crushes, please!

I went through, a couple weeks ago, searching for names with international flavor that I might be able to add to my list, and I've come up with a pretty good list, but I'm still not sure which, if any, I want to add to my list, and whether I want them to be in a FN or MN capacity. Thoughts on these? My list is completely unsorted right now, and I'm just trying to make a wee bit of sense of it.

Laerke
    Madelief
    Anne-Claire OR Anne-Sophie (probably nn Annie)
    Audrey (MN only)
    Lydia
    Hazel
    Lillian
    Penelope
    Odilia (MN only)
    Isla
    Cosima (MN only)
    Eilidh
    Tali (MN only)
    Leona
    Annabella (although it'll probably get scratched, due to Isabelle being my top choice for a girl for forever, but I am really loving it right now!)
    Winter "Winnie"
    Winifred "Winnie"
    Louisa OR Luella "Lou/Lulu"

I've listed the ones I know I prefer as a middle. I know for sure I want to use Odilia Claire or Odilia Lily as a double middle somewhere, but I'm having troubles coming up with the perfect FN for it. I also want to get Laerke in somewhere, as well as Cosima, as a middle.

Anyway. Thoughts? Suggestions? Opinions? My top 10 are Isabelle, Arianne, Olivia, Violet, Emmeline, Charlotte, Catherine, Eva, Eleni, and Tess at the moment, so I have room for about 3 more combos. Which of these, if any, should make the cut?
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; February 27th, 2014 at 09:51 AM.

Seems like we have very different tastes, but I'll try to be objective!

Laerke - I never heard about it until now. Danish version of Lark, right? I really like both, although I prefer it as a middle name.
    Madelief - A great alternative to Madeline/Madeleine.
    Anne-Claire/Anne-Sophie - I prefer Anne-Sophie (although I like both Claire and Sophie, I think Sophie sounds better with Anne). Feels vintagey.
    Audrey - I think it's getting overused.
    Lydia - And this one, too.
    Hazel - Hazel is beautiful. Vintage, yet sounds fresh. I love it.
    Lillian - Lovely. Perhaps it's getting overused, too.
    Penelope - Great choice, love the nickname Penny.
    Odilia - Wonderful name, distinctive yet recognizable. I slightly prefer Ottilia.
    Isla - Fresh, happy and playful. I love it.
    Cosima - Quirky. Interesting choice.
    Eilidh - Would cause lots of spelling/pronunciation problems (assuming you're not in Scotland), but it's lovely.
    Tali - Sweet, although a bit insubstantial as a full name.
    Leona - Quirky and cool.
    Annabella - I think it would make a great alternative if you decide Isabelle is too popular for you.
    Winter - Distinctive choice.
    Winifred - Vintage gem.
    Louisa/Luella - I much prefer Luella, but if I loved both I think I'd keep Louisa. It's a great name, too bad I don't like the sound of it. Luella feels slightly hillbillyish.

I think Hazel, Penelope, Cosima, Leona and Winter go well with your other favorites.
    polina
    eighteen
    french/russian/swedish
    living in st. petersburg, russia
    university sophomore

clementine ・ jemima ・ harriet ・ mabel
    felix ・ sebastian ・ milo ・ oliver

I really like Hazel, Isla, Cosima, Leona, Winter and Anabella. My top three are probably 1. Hazel (I have it on my list, too) 2. Leona (do you like Leonie as a nickname? It's so very cute!) 3. Isla.
    The rest of your list are very lovely, too, but either not my style or a bit hard to pronounce(assuming you will still live in the US/not married to a man from other country). I like Winifred and Winter(Winnie is so cute) but while the first remindes me of King's The Shining too much to truly love, I have an issue with Winter - I still wonder whether it would suit a winter-born or not. I remember on one of these threads about Winter a few berries said it would be cheese for a winter girl so while I love it as a name, I haven't quite decided on it. But, if you have any special connection to the winter season, it would be a stunning name for your daughter.
    ● Olympia ● Literature Student

Constance TabithaSibyl JemimaTheodoraRamona ? ?
    ? Rupert Otis Grover ??Ignatius Robin

@polina - yes, Danish form for Lark. My mom has a Danish name, and Denmark was one of my father's favorite places in the world (his favorite place in Europe for sure), and my grandmother loves birds. So it seems perfect. A little unusual, but I think maybe (hopefully!) Americans could figure it out, with a little bit of time.

@handsallover - my little sister and I both have Christmas-themed names. So I've always thought of Winter as a way to honor her, but I've only recently thought of actually using Winter up front. I don't think it's a PERFECT match, stylistically, with my other favorites, but I still really love it...

Laerke - I have no idea how to say this at all, but it looks unattractive to me :/ I would prefer Lark.
    Madelief - I don't see the appeal to this one at all. Madeleine or Madeline would be so much nicer.
    Anne-Claire OR Anne-Sophie (probably nn Annie) - Anne-Sophie is beautiful
    Audrey (MN only) - this upsets me, haha Audrey's a favourite of mine and I'd love to see it up front.
    Lydia - meh, I know too many Lydia's that I dislike, but it's still a pretty name.
    Hazel - lovely.
    Lillian - Lillian/Lily have a special spot for me, so I love them.
    Penelope - I prefer this in the middle spot.
    Odilia (MN only) - meh, Odette, Ophelia or Ottilie would be nicer
    Isla - gorgeous but a bit too trendy for me.
    Cosima (MN only) - lovely and would like to see this get more usage to be honest.
    Eilidh - it depends how you are saying it. I know it's traditionally Ay-lee (which I like, but it's waaaay too close to my name), but I've heard Eye-lee too. The traditional one is nicer.
    Tali (MN only) - I've never liked Tali/Talia, they just sound weird to me.
    Leona - Lovely but I prefer Leonie
    Annabella - I love Annabella.
    Winter "Winnie" - Winter is nice, I would use it as a MN though.
    Winifred "Winnie" - eh, it's ok.
    Louisa OR Luella "Lou/Lulu" - I strongly dislike the sound & look of Luella, all it reminds me of is hillbillies. Louisa on the other hand, I adore.

Some combo ideas:

Louisa Penelope Winter
    Winter Cosima Hazel
    Lillian Eilidh Winter
    Isla Cosima Audrey
    I've been staring at the hotel ceiling,
    Drinking everything I've found this evening,
    Trying to hold on to the sweetest feeling,
    So I'll never let you go, don't you leave me lonely.