Results 1 to 5 of 10
February 26th, 2014 06:08 PM #1
I've never properly seen myself having an Amelia, and, while it does/did feel like it COULD be something I would use, I'm not entirely sure.
1) Is it too common/boring now? I only know little Emilia's, not Amelia's, so it's a bit hard for me to tell. Where I live, more uncommon names tend to be used, or the constantly popular Charlotte, Ava & Nevaeh. Classic names here do happen, but are usually more unusual - it's rare to meet a little Amelia, Elizabeth or Isabella, so I'm looking for a general idea. I do hear it often/see it often on here though.
2) Does it seem to fit my style of Olive, Harriet, Florence, Martha, Beatrice, etc?
3) Would you prefer Amelia nn Millie or Amelia nn Mia?
4) What combo do you prefer - Amelia Penelope Rose, Amelia Penelope Belle or Amelia Beatrice Rose?
Should I keep Amelia on my list, or keep it off? My little sister has sort of, informally 'claimed' it, with Amy as the nickname (thanks to Doctor Who), so that's another factor that sort of holds me back.
February 26th, 2014 06:23 PM #3
Ha, there are so many names I've claimed from my sister too. But I wouldn't take it too seriously.
Amelia is one of my most consistent favourites, and probably one of my first. It's a family name and just feels classically beautiful to me. In my head it's like, classic-dated, along with Jessica/Rebecca/Holly - I know several my age or older in the UK but they're still being used consistantly (I think names like these just take their time to slide down the charts especially in the UK for some reason). But it's in a totally charming way.
But I do feel it's a bit dull, I can't personally see myself with an Amelia (oh and my cousin has an Amelia now anyway). I think I'm more likely to use it in the middle for honoring reasons.
Amelia Beatrice Rose is nice. I like the idea of Amelia and Harriet as sisters.
Have you considered Amalia? Or Amelie (ah-mah-lee)? I also absolutely love Amelia-Jane for some reason. It gives it so much more personality, even though I usually consider Jane quite bland.★ close to my heart ★
Rufus - Alec - Emmett - Wes
Billie - Estella - Jemima - Eilidh
olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' and finally seventeen. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)
February 26th, 2014 06:45 PM #5
Love Amelia. It's on my own list.
1) Is it too common/boring now? etc -- I don't think so. I've NEVER met an Amelia or and Emilia or any variation of them. I love it and think it sounds playful and sweet will still being grown up and it has tons of nicknames.
2) Does it seem to fit my style of Olive, Harriet, Florence, Martha, Beatrice, etc? -- Yes, I do. It fits beautifully in with those names and I even think it works with the more nicknamey ones you like because Amelia has the same vintage but sweet and playful feeling.
3) Would you prefer Amelia nn Millie or Amelia nn Mia? -- of those options, Amelia nn Millie (strongly hate Mia) but I love Amelia nn Mila or Mimi
4) What combo do you prefer - Amelia Penelope Rose, Amelia Penelope Belle or Amelia Beatrice Rose? -- Amelia Penelope Belle then Amelia Beatrice Rose
And no one can claim a name. If it were a really weird or unusual name, sure that would be harder to avoid looking bad if you used it, but no one can just say they're using it and ban you from it. Who ever has a daughter first gets it is how it works.Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy
http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.
Proud Mama to:
Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
TTC #2 by Christmas 2014
February 26th, 2014 07:28 PM #7Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2014
February 26th, 2014 07:59 PM #9