Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Armenian Names?

Armenian Names?

I'm interested in Armenian names lately because my mother's side of the family has very strong ties to Armenia. My aunt from Armenia is named Heghine (pronounced HEG-in-ay), meaning 'light' and I really love this! Her brother is named Mushegh (moo-SHEKH with a guttural 'kh' sound at the end), and although I love him, his name is not something I'd want to use.
    Some Armenian friends of the family (though I'm not sure they're all Armenian names): Arthur (pn ar-toor) Rima, Grigor, Lusine (pn LOO-sin-ay), Silva, Armen, Luiza, Syuzanna, Sona, Tigran (pn tee-GRUN), and Tatevik (pn tah-tay-VEEK).
    I like a lot of these names actually, especially Arthur, Rima, Grigor, Lusine, Silva, Sona, and Tatevik. But does anyone know of some more Armenian names?? Also share your opinions on these names!

I knew a Talin. Pronounced Tah-lynn.

I worked with a girl from Armenia, not sure if her name is Armenian though but it was Liza (lye-zuh)

http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/news/144705/

Nare/Nareh, Milena, Marie, Mane/Maneh (mah-neh/nay), Ani, Anahit, Elen, Mariam, Anna, Armine.

David, Narek, Gor, Hayk, Erik, Alex, Tigran, Arman, Samvel, Alain, Avet.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

I knew an Armenian girl named Elza, but not sure her name's Armenian.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy