Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Should Richard stay on hiatus?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 58.70%
  • No

19 41.30%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Does Richard need a hiatus?

The thread on swapping partners for celebrities reminded me to ask this...

Is Richard fit for a boy of today, or do you think it needs a longer hiatus? Richard always felt dated to me, and a year ago I would have wrinkled my nose at Richard, but now I have the associations of Richard Armitage and Richard Madden. They've done a lot to revive this name for me. I find myself thinking about it more often lately.

If I used Richard, it would have to be a middle name because of an unsavory family association. But any general thoughts on Richard? Is it dated and dull? Handsome and underused? Let's talk about Richard!
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

I love Richard! I've never thought of it as dated though- more of a handsome underused classic, like Peter, Francis or Philip. I would also use it in the middle spot but I'd love to start meeting more young Richards

I was just thinking about Richard the other day! It was my grandpa's name. I like Richard with the nickname Ricky but with any other nickname, I don't care for the name.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Handsome and underused! I love Richard. It's super kingly and dignified to me. Very handsome. Makes me think of Richard the Lionheart.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Richard has a nice sound actually, but Rick and Dick are pretty awful, imo. Rich/Richie is slightly better. But it's not bad for a middle name.