Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Baby boy #2 - Callahan?

We are expecting a baby brother for our son Harris in August. Last name starts with Mc...

Harris's name has family significance and we'd like the same for baby boy #2. We like uncommon names that are easy to pronounce/understand. Also, we'd like to name the baby what we'll call him. Family names for inspiration include:

Winston
    Lewis
    Robert
    Joseph
    James
    Charles
    Grey

Our front-runner at the moment is Callahan, which has shared meaning with Robert. But is it too Irish with our last name? We've also tossed around Win, but reactions have been not great. (ppl think we're saying Nguyen)

Any other spin-offs from our inspiration names that we're missing?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Callahan McWhatever is incredibly Irish-sounding. If that bothers you, you might consider going a different direction. I have a deeply held love for Winston, so I probably can't be objective, though, when it's on the list of possibilities! I do think Winston matches Harris well, since both can be last names but also have a longer history of usage as first names than a lot of the last-names-as-first-names.
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

Thanks! Do you think there is too strong an association between Harris and Winston and Harry Winston (jeweler)?

Callahan Mc--- does sound wayyyyy Irish.

I will give a suggestion though, because the name Callahan was the inspiration behind my boyfriend's choice for our first future son

My boyfriend's mom's maiden name is Callahan, and we wanted to honor that, but Callahan itself is too much name for us, so we shortened it to Callen. Callen/Callan would be a great choice for you, because it still has that family tie, yet it doesn't feel too Irish paired with your last name
    18 | Name lover | No babies, just planning.

Callen Sage is our boy name, Emmeline Jay is our girl name.

Fingers crossed that one day he'll agree to Holden Eli, Beckett Rome, Declan Reeves; Violet Carraway, Isla Maven, and Aspen Olivia.

I really love these from your list:

Grey
    Joseph
    James
    Charles

I prefer Callan to Callahan.