Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help! Names Pete could be short for???

Hi! I would love to use the nickname Pete for a girl in honor of my uncle, but would like to have a longer/ more feminine formal name. The only names I've been able to think of are Petunia and Petal, are there any other girl names that you could think of that Pete could be short for?

The singer Ani DiFranco has a daughter named Peta, but I'm not sure how easy that name would be to wear, with PETA the animal rights organization and now Peeta from The Hunger Games as associations. Nameberry also has Petah in their database. I'm not sure if that helps to get away from the associations or if it just looks like Peter written out in an accent.

I'm sure Petra could work, which I think is a fabulous name. Petra nicknamed Pete would be really cute.

Maybe Petula, like the singer Petula Clark? Or Elspet (thought it's a bit of a stretch)? Or Petronel?

http://www.behindthename.com/name/petronel

I like Petra (and the much more ancient & formal Petronilla). Also:

Elspeth (stretch here)
    Perdita
    Petalune

Perdita is the only one that really contains the same sounds.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

Petra was the first to come to mind.

Petronella
    Petal
    Petaline
    Petula
    Petronia
    Petrova
    Petunia
    Perpetua
    Petronel
    jessamyn

Violetta Coraline Isla Cordelia Alice Gwyneth