Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nickname that is not close to first name?

Is it super crazy to call your child by a nickname that isn't close to her first name? Back story - our daughter is a year old and I've just always felt like her name doesn't' match her. Also we had a hard time agreeing on her name in the first place and had some family drama. Anyway the name I feel like should be hers (and my husband really likes too) isn't close to her name at all. Thoughts?

Her name is Emery Rose and I want to call her Lily Rose. Lily is a family name but a distant cousin used it so I thought at the time I shouldn't but really I wish I would have. Maybe I should juts move on and call her by her given name!?

I think it's odd since Lily isn't in her name at all.

Emery could be: Em, Emma, Emmy. Rose could be: Rosie, Rosa, Rosette, Rosetta, Rosalinda. She could be... Emma Rose, Emmy/Emmie Rose

I would probably just call her Rose if I were you.

She's young enough though, that if you were going to call her Lily Rose, I'd probably change her name to that officially.
    Brin---Mommy to Donovon Cole Michael & Cordelia Elizabeth Fleur

Impatiently waiting for summer 2015 to ttc!
    Lucello * Alaric * Ottavio * Valentino * Cassius * Roderick * Elias * Alasdair * Lionel
    Allegra * Valentina * Mirabella * Anastasia * Magdalena * Kerensa * Violetta * Alyona

Quote Originally Posted by featherb View Post
    I think it's odd since Lily isn't in her name at all.

Emery could be: Em, Emma, Emmy. Rose could be: Rosie, Rosa, Rosette, Rosetta, Rosalinda. She could be... Emma Rose, Emmy/Emmie Rose

I would probably just call her Rose if I were you.

She's young enough though, that if you were going to call her Lily Rose, I'd probably change her name to that officially.
    Changing it completely would be an option although I think I would want her original name in there somewhere like Lily Rose Emery XXXX but I'm not sure my husband is on board with that.

I think even just adding Lily in somewhere would work.

Emery Lillian Rose?

Lillian Emery Rose?

then you could calll her Lily without it being weird at all.

Other Lily options: Lilia, Lila, Lilias, Lilith
    Brin---Mommy to Donovon Cole Michael & Cordelia Elizabeth Fleur

Impatiently waiting for summer 2015 to ttc!
    Lucello * Alaric * Ottavio * Valentino * Cassius * Roderick * Elias * Alasdair * Lionel
    Allegra * Valentina * Mirabella * Anastasia * Magdalena * Kerensa * Violetta * Alyona

How about changing Emery to Emily? It feels like half Emery and half Lily to me.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.