58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charlotte Louise

37 63.79%
  • Elizabeth Louise

22 37.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Charlotte or Elizabeth

Charlotte has been our #1 for awhile, but thinking about Elizabeth in the back of my mind still. I understand that nicknames are not always predictable, but I like Lottie for Charlotte and Ellie or Lizzie for Elizabeth. Louise is the #1 contender for our middle name right now as it has very special family meaning. thanks!
    Happily married and have just found out we are expecting our first bundle of joy October 2014!!!

I much prefer Charlotte, although Elizabeth is a lovely name, too.
    polina ∙ 19 ∙ art history major ∙ web developer
    french/russian/swedish ∙ living in st. petersburg, russia

clementineastridsidoniaottoline
    felixsebastianmiloatticus

in the silence of your bones and eyes
    forgotten magic sits and waits for fire

Elizabeth is my mother's name, so I'll always have a soft spot for it I love Lottie as a nickname more though, so I think I'd rather vote for Charlotte. If your Elizabeth nicknames were Libby, Betsy or Elsie, I'd vote for it hands down, but I just can't back Lizzie as a nn (I LOVE Ellie though). My mum hates Lizzie, and only allows my dad to call her that. The Lizzie Borden connection always freaked her out quite a bit.
    Girls: Doris ❀ Amelia ❀ Freya ❀ Martha ❀ Violet ❀ Lauren ❀ Mabel ❀ Lillian ❀ Minnie ❀ Honey ❀ Emily
    Amelie ❀ Daisy ❀ Florence ❀ Imogen ❀ Edna ❀ Eleanor ❀ Eva ❀ Evelyn ❀ Clara

Boys: Matthew ✿ Louis ✿ Ernest ✿ Christopher ✿ Barclay ✿ Adam ✿ Andrew
    Charlie ✿ Harrison ✿ Daniel ✿ Joshua ✿ James ✿ Thomas ✿ Henry

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

My husband just informed me that he loves Ellie but doesn't care for Lizzie, lol....
    Happily married and have just found out we are expecting our first bundle of joy October 2014!!!

I like both names quite a lot. I prefer the sound and meaning of Charlotte but the history of Elizabeth. If it weren't for the nickname issue, this question would come down to a toss-up for me. While I love Lottie and like Ellie, I truly cannot stand any other Elizabeth nickname. And I fear (as I do with a name I love - Eleanor) that too many little girls with other names are using the nickname Ellie, thus making the nn even more ubiquitous than the name itself. For those reasons, I vote Charlotte.
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice