• Sulayman

0 0%
  • Juda

3 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1. Lovable Rogue

Genre of Story: Fantasy

Time Period/Location: medieval-ish sometimes in a middle eastern place, sometimes more european

Brief Plot: Just a plot for this character -- He's a rogue type character. He's had a hard past and seen and done some terrible, awful things. He's been homeless for years now but only desperate/on the verge of death homeless in the beginning. Now, he's adapted and taken on a more nomadic "I go where I want and do what I want" sort of attitude. He visited a strange land and did one too many not quite legal things and now he's in jail and subsequently thrust into a world of magic and mayhem he's experienced before.

Character Description: Read Above. As far as looks and personality go -- He's dark skinned and haired and eyed. He's the equivalent of Arabic in my world. I'll attach pictures. He's sweet and kind and compassionate but he's also a tad slow. He's slow to catch onto things sometimes and sometimes he can be very clumsy and frustrating. He has many skills and he knows how to do the sneaky thief thing, but while lots of times he's great at it, there are times he'll screw things up worse trying to help. He can be a badass, but he he be bumbling sometimes.

Immediate Family (if relevant): Brother -- Erebus (god of darkness and shadow in Greek myth). Father -- Iscaycuari (doubly savage and un-tamable)
    The way that names work over there is that they won't get middles and their surnames are DEN plus the fathers name. So the brother is Erebus den Iscaycuari. It will only ever been said like that once, maybe twice, but the first name should sound good.

Don’t Suggest These Names: Don't suggest a variant of Alexander.

Here's my reference pictures:

resized_Jake_Gyllenhaal_in_PRINCE_OF_PERSIA_JPG.jpg
    Jake-Prince-of-Persia-1.jpg

And here's your options:

Zahir -- helper, supporter
    Raza -- contentment, satisfaction
    Sulayman -- Peace
    Juda -- goodness, excellence
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

From your list, Zahir sounds good. The first name I thought of was Diarmuid (spelling?).
    I can really imagine myself having a daughter named Moira or Rochelle...

I like Zahir the most.
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

Zahir fits the picture and description the most, to me.
    Erin (Writer, Nerdfighter, Ravenclaw; Not expecting, just collecting)
    (Adelaide, Betty, Cassia, Georgia, Ocean, Violet)
    (Asher, Gabriel, Josiah, Oakley, Rowan, Wayland)

I too went with Zahir as I found it easiest to say.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.