Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Films: I love movies but don't get the time to watch a lot of them. Some of my favorites are About Time (guilty pleasure movie), both of the Hunger Games movies, Dumb & Dumber, any of the Harry Potters, Alien, & Bully (documentary - really good!)

Books: I used to adore reading when I was younger but when I started high school we were assigned so much reading I slowly came to dislike reading for fun. I know it sounds awful but (whispers) I don't really like books. That being said, I do still READ- just not as much for fun, and the only author I've really, really loved has been John Green. I'll happily reread any one of his books in thirty minutes.

Hobbies: I love organizing things and will freak out if my room is a tiny bit out of order. As far as actual non-weird hobbies, I like drawing (I'm not good at it though) and writing poetry. Watching and playing sports have always been some of my favorite pastimes as well as anything culinary. I also play clarinet (7th year) and played oboe for a bit (hence the username) but gave it up because it was boring haha.

Sports: I've played volleyball for 3 nonconsecutive years now, played soccer for 4 years and will be in my 14th year of cross-country running in the fall. I love to watch American football and tennis. I also like bowling (if that counts )
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

@Clara: I like video and computer games as well...I am guilty of playing The Sims all the day.
    @ashthedreamer: I don't write often as well. Sometimes I have no time and sometimes I just can't come up with the continuation of the story. But when I do, I am the happiest human being ever. That's so cool that you learn French, I am never able to make myself learn any languages if I don't have somebody who checks my work. I have 3(!) Spanish textbooks(and 2 workbooks) but I am always too lazy to open it. That's a shame, I would love to know more so I plan to start on my holiday.
    @Catalina: you are so sporty, that's great. I am no sportsman - I can't run for more than 2 km(I used to run because it is important for treating my health problems but now I don't have time), I am so-so at volleyball and I can't (drumroll) ride a bike. But, instead, my body is very flexible so I am quite good at yoga and stuff. I adore basketball though and, like you, bowling. And you played oboe? When I studied art and music at school, I used to hear it a lot but I have never met(or heard of) anyone who plays it.
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Serena Elowen LivEmmeline Twila AliceSibyl Jemima IrisEsme Helena Mazarine
    Nathaniel Silvius Wilde Grover Elijah St JohnOscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector Barnaby

I'm a biologist, getting a masters in microbiology so I love reading non-fiction books, preferably about science although I'll do biographies and the like as well. For example, right now I'm reading "Spillover: Animal Infections and the Next Human Pandemic," which is about viruses that leap from animals to humans (highly recommend it, it reads like a mystery novel!) I haven't read a fiction novel since high school, I think!

My other hobbies include photography, which means I've invested a lot of money in gear and lenses this last year (too much, probably!) and I also keep and breed chameleons. I'm currently trying to breed a species that is very difficult to get to do well in captivity so I dedicate a lot of time to them and I also maintain a blog about the process to teach others as I go.

Besides that, everything else is pretty normal! I draw and illustrate, I love listening to music, and I do everything with my two Shelties, so we go out to the dog park or rollerblading quite a lot.
    { Current Faves }

Azura | Antigone | Charlotte | Desdemona | Imogen | Linnea | Theodora | Minerva | Ophelia

Cassius | Linneaus | Massimo | Gabriel | Thaddeus/Taddeo | Matteo | Theodore | Xanthus | Xavier

I'm not sure if all of these count as hobbies, but I like:

Reading - Currently sucked into A Song of Ice and Fire. I like fantasy, historical fiction, classics, and a sprinkling of other genres.
    Writing - even if I don't do much of it anymore
    Genealogy
    Walking - I love taking long walks outside.
    Tumblring - tumblr is a problem for me
    Listening to music - I've been loving me some bluegrass lately, but I like an eclectic mix of genres.
    Hanging out with my grandparents - I don't really have friends in real life, so I spend time with my grandparents and great-grandmother instead.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Sorry I haven't been on and left the thread.
    @olimpia: I like photography, too, but I don't like taking pictures of people, I enjoy the nature and the cities more. Actually, my pictures are very non-professionals but sometimes I watch through them so to recall the moments.
    @southern.maple: I have the same problem with writing - I always have something on my mind but I can't find any time for actually putting it down. And that's great you spend time with your parents, it's so rare for people I know IRL to really communicate with their families.
    Berries, feel free to share your hobbies, I(and I suppose I am not the only one) like tracking such threads!
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Serena Elowen LivEmmeline Twila AliceSibyl Jemima IrisEsme Helena Mazarine
    Nathaniel Silvius Wilde Grover Elijah St JohnOscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector Barnaby