Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Please Help Us Choose 2!!!!

Hi berries,

My husband and I are trying to narrow down our list to two girls' names. We have one child named Julia already. Here are some ideas-please choose your two favorite. We are partial to names that highlight our icelandic/danish roots but open to other ideas as well. Thanks for your help!

Claire Augusta
    Lilja (Lil ee ah) Eve
    Brynndis Eve
    Astrid Elisabeth
    Elisabeth Eve
    Britt Elise

I'm really having a hard time personally selecting 2 because they seem soooo different from Julia to me. In that case- I have to choose Claire and Elisabeth because they fit Julia most to me and sibling names going together is a priority to me personally when giving opinions.

I'm sure you're not open to middle names as first names- but if so I also love Augusta and Elise.
    "Mom" to 2 border collies- Jude Nathaniel & Jonah Samuel

Top 5 girls have always been: Mary, Frances, Elizabeth, Henriette, Margaret

Top 5 boys have always been: George, Peter, Francis, Benjamin "Benji", Arthur
    Check out out my Ethiopia adoption blog!

I do love Augusta-but wasn't sure what it would be like to grow up having that as a first name!! I think we are tending toward Claire and Britt (those are the two my husband likes best) but I really like the sound of Lilja...We're stuck

Claire, Elisabeth and Britt work best with Julia in my opinion, though I would be inclined to find something longer for Britt. Lilja is very pretty, but a bit singsongy with Julia, which might not matter to you but would make me stray from it personally.

Astrid -- can never get beyond the first syllable.
    Brynndis -- I actually really like this one. It's new to me, and I feel like if she feels its too different and one point or another (seems many of us wind up having a qualm with our given name at some point) she can go by Brynn, which is also lovely.

Lilija and Julia are too close IMO.