Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alliterative name too much? Maxton/Max Malone?

Just like almost every other female out there, I've been thinking baby names since I was a little girl. I've always been drawn to M names, but there's now a dilemma...my married name begins with M and I've NEVER been a fan of alliterative names. It's been gnawing at me, so I figured that I'd post on a naming forum.

My husband likes Mischa. Our last name is Malone. Mischa Malone doesn't sound bad at all, but I almost can't get past the alliteration, but that's what started to open me up to the possibility. I love Molly, but I think Molly Malone is too much. And he doesn't like it. But my main dilemma is Maxton. I LOVE the name Maxton, and really like Max. But I wonder if it's over the top. Maxton Malone doesn't sound too bad to me, but I'm almost afraid that Max Malone sounds like a cartoon character and wouldn't be taken seriously. As a female with a boys' name, a name taken seriously is VERY important to me since I don't take mine seriously, especially as an adult. I don't want a boy to grow up and he no longer fit his name.

So long story short, what do you guys think of:

Mischa Malone

Molly Malone

and most importantly Maxton/Max Malone?

too much, cartoon character, good names?

My brother's name is alliterative and very, very close to Max Malone. Certainly this is a bias for me, but I think Max Malone works well.

I know this wasn't part of your original question but I also happen to like some other forms of Max better than Maxton; Maxwell, Maximilian, Maximiliano, etc. Maxton sounds made-up to me.

Good luck with your choice!
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (9), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (1)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Audrey, Naomi, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas Christopher, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Naomi, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas ("maybe")

I understand what you mean about Maxton sounding made up. I have had issues with that because having an untypical first name has led me to a disposition of using "normal" names. Maxton is about as far out as I'll ever get. I feel as if it's unique enough, while still fairly safe. I could meet an adult Maxton today and not think twice about his parents' decision. I think it could still be professional. I like Maximillian and Maximus, but I feel as though those are too many "M"s. Maximilian Malone...see? And Max would always be a good alternative if he felt the way you do. Thank you for your opinion! I greatly appreciate it!

Mischa is fine but I don't think 'maxton' flows well at all. Strangely, I have no problem with Max Malone, so maybe it's the name itself that I don't like. I much prefer Macsen and Maksim to get Max/Macs/Maks.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Maxton Malone otally sounds like a comic book character - but like he would be a detective hero or something, and I LOVE THAT.

Maxton to me seems trendy, it fits in with all the -ton endings that are so popular right now (payton's crowd). I think I prefer Maxwell, if you like Max names - its a more established first name, and then if the alliteration does become a nuisance he can always go by Welles or something.
    New username is @ truenature