Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nina?

Nina?

Hello berries! My OH thought he had no female family members he wanted to honour, but having thought about it, he decided he'd like to honour his aunty Nina.

Do you think that Nina could be a stand alone name or is there a longer version? My OHs aunty is a Nina - it's not a nick name - so we'll probably go Nina if we use it, but I just wondered if there's a longer version out there?

Thank you
    TTC <3

Ladies - Alice Victoria or Poppy Victoria
    Gents - *under construction *

I think Nina works lovely as a stand alone name and honestly any obvious longer variations I'm not nearly as fond of. I think you'd be able to make it work for a lot of names ending in "eena" or even "een" -- just depends on how obvious you want the nickname to be.

Janina / Yanina -- both pronounced Yah-nee-na
    Janine
    Christina -- have met two that have nn Nina.
    Antonina / Antonine
    Anina
    Zenina -- makes me think of a little Xena Warrior Princess haha.

Others a bit beyond, but could work (though they come with other more obvious nickname choices):

Serena
    Evangeline
    Corinna
    Melina
    Antonia
    Valentina

I think that Nina is a unique name in that it can stand alone easily and at the same time really has character.

Nina is certainly fine to stand alone.
    If you want a longer version, perhaps you'd like Josefina/Josephina or Jolina.

Nina can stand alone quite perfectly. As a matter of fact, Nina has always been standing alone in Denmark and it has been quite popular (but is considered a touch old-fashioned today). If you want a full name for her, I like Alexandrina nicknamed Nina.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"