Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mazin

Mazin

I was trying to do a little research on the name, Mazin, which my husband loves, but I don't see it listed on Nameberry. From what I know, the name is of Arabic origin meaning "rain clouds," & is generally used as a boy's name. Does anyone know anything further about it, or make any particular associations with the name? I'm trying to figure out if it would be acceptable for non-Arabic people to use the name... My non-Arabic husband thinks it'd make a great boy's name with the nickname "Maz." Just curious about your opinions on Mazin for a boy. Thanks for your input!

The first thing I thought was "Like a little kid trying to say amazing?". But if it's pronounced mah-ZEEN, it's just NMS, not terrible or mispronunciation-ish.
    I'm a teenberry, a Christian, and a bookworm.
    Finn*John "Johnkin"*Dean*Colin*Cove*Avery*Absalom*Sam*Ki rby
    Elsa "Elsie* Mireille*Wilhelmina*Xandra*Virginia*Charlie*Agnes* Saoirse*Alice*Euphrosyne.[/CENTER]

The name is pronounced Mas-zin.

Oh. Sorry.
    I'm a teenberry, a Christian, and a bookworm.
    Finn*John "Johnkin"*Dean*Colin*Cove*Avery*Absalom*Sam*Ki rby
    Elsa "Elsie* Mireille*Wilhelmina*Xandra*Virginia*Charlie*Agnes* Saoirse*Alice*Euphrosyne.[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by raevynstar View Post
    Oh. Sorry.
    No worries... I just should have clarified that in the original post anyway.

It happens to be the name of somebody we know. Just trying to find out more about it. My husband says it's his top choice for a name if we have another boy. Completely coincidentally, my friend just named his son, Maziar, & they're calling him "Maz" too.
    Last edited by 1st_on_the_way; February 23rd, 2014 at 07:38 AM.