Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Long list of nothing wonderful and 4 days to go!

Kinda getting desperate as no name seems "right" and my c-section date was moved up. After years of reading these forums (for my first 2) I finally registered to get some help this time around. My husband vetoed all my traditional/Hebrew/biblical type names or variants (Hannah, Rachel, Leah, Noemi - although maybe I can get Hannah back in the running?) and I vetoed most of his hard consonant names (Veronica, Victoria, Brinn). I tend to like French names and flowly names with lots of vowels and the letters L or S it seems, although I seem to have so shorter cutesy names on the list here too. Some are suggestions of friends and family that I have on b/c I feel I wouldn't have much of a list without them. I need help! We have a single syllable last name. I'd love some additions to my list that might satisfy us both, or even just make me feel like yes, that is perfect. I will star my faves on the list, but I really need help! Siblings are Joshua Cole (we call him Cole, though I love both his names and we both agreed on both) and James Asher (we call him James - I wanted him to be Benjamin, and my husband picked both his names - and pushed me to stick with them as we were leaving the hospital. Not going to happen this time!)

Aurelia - variant option - Aurelie (loved this since I was a little girl, but not sure if I can make it work?) *
    Charlotte
    Chloe
    Claire or Clara (maybe as a middle)
    Eleanor (husband's choice, and he wants nickname "Elle", but I find the full name harsh)
    Emma
    Julia
    Juniper (I know, as harsh as Eleanor, but I saw it today and added it)
    Lyra
    Maya
    Mia
    Mila (Mee-lah)
    Mira (or Meira?)
    Sabine *
    Sophie *
    Vivienne (was trying to find a V name that seemed softer)

Adore Vivienne. Recent friend poll had all thumbs up too.

Eloise or Elodie (nn Elle)
    Magdalena or Magdalene (Maggie) just like these with your boys.
    I like Mila and Mira the most from your list.
    Sophie is lovely but there are so many Sophie's around. But is that does not matter to you that is a nice choice.
    current favorite names:

Hugo/Zach/Rafe/Otis/Rupert/Oscar

Cleo/Matilda/Priya

Last edited by sorceress; February 23rd, 2014 at 02:25 AM.
    My new list: Enchanting names.
    Godfrey Thorin Ludwig Edmund Tristan Sylvan Emil Werther Lucius Robin Leon Percival
    Beowulf Pascal Edward Wesley Darcy Arthur Gilbert Peregrine Florian

Dorothea Charlotte Sabina Avalon Rosamund Melody Amoret Griselda Saskia Cecily
    Elysia Beatrice Seraphina Eliska Aurora Milena Freya Cressida Magdalena Helena Nimue

From your list, Clara or Mila would have my vote.

If you like Maya & Lyra, you might like Freya. On of my co-workers has the most gorgeous blonde-haired blue-eyed 6 year old little girl named Freya, & thanks to her, I've fallen in love with the name!

Irelyn seems like a name that you might like. My husband's cousin recently had a baby girl that she named Irelyn Rae.

If your husband likes the nickname, Elle, perhaps you'd prefer the names, Ellery, Elena, or Elyse, since you feel Eleanor is a bit too harsh. I'm a fan of all 3 of these.

My friend has a baby girl, Nyla, & I think her name is sweet & original, & seems similar in sound to some of the names on your list.

If you like Hannah, you might like Harper. And if you like Aurelia, you might like Atalie. I love both of these!!

If you're looking for softer 'V' names, how about Veda or Violet? I find both attractive.

Hope this helps! Good luck!!
    Last edited by 1st_on_the_way; February 23rd, 2014 at 02:41 AM.