Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Elijah and Elliott as brothers

We have been trying to figure out boys names for our baby due in May (not sure if it's a boy or girl). After a lot of deliberation we finally picked Elliott thinking it sounds nice with Elijah our other son's name. Little did I know until now that Elliott is actually a variation of Elijah. Is this like having two kids with the same name? I still really like the name

What a dilemma! I think Elijah and Elliot are super handsome, and even sound great together, but yeah, that's the dilemma I always have. I adore Elijah, Elliot, and Elias, but they're all forms of Elijah. I wouldn't do it, personally, but I wouldn't do Isabelle and Lillian, either, and they're both forms of Elizabeth.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I would go for it. I think only a very small number of people would know that they're a variation of the same name. And they DO sound great together, they are both fantastic names
    ~ Finally starting TTC October 2014! ~

Austen Theodore|Elliott Hezekiah

Charlotte Evangeline|Matilda Florence|Adelaide Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by sunkissedchild View Post
    I would go for it. I think only a very small number of people would know that they're a variation of the same name. And they DO sound great together, they are both fantastic names
    Agree! They sound wonderful together and I wouldn't be bothered at all with the origin.

It wouldn't bother me at all. I think they sound nice together!!