Names Searched Right Now:

Calanthe and Azalea

After telling my husband about the amazing positive response I got on Calanthe and Azalea as twin names, he's now ready to consider Azalea. He admits they do sound great together and he likes the subtle connections between them, but he's thinking Calanthe Emmeline and Azalea Temperance just sound like too much of a mouthful (which I think is funny since he claims Temperance is his favorite name). But anywho, I'm not married to those middle names. Our last name sounds like "mantis". I think it would be cool to keep the C.E. initials going since mine and my dad's are both C.E., but that's not absolutely necessary either. Musical connections would be a plus! Any suggestions that aren't too heavy?
    ~Cathryn Elizabeth~

Stay at home mommy to Benton Grover and Arwen Elizabeth.
    My fur babies are Walter and Marcheline aka Mooch.
    Current favorites: Imogen Vesper, Gwendolyn Ferelith, Charleston Wilder

Calanthe & Azalea are lovely together. I also really like Calantha.

I think Emmeline is a bit much with Calanthe but isn't super awkward. I do like the sound of Azalea Temperance, even though they are two word names. That said, I don't like the sound of Temperance with a last name that sounds like mantis. I would also be wary in general of using two word names together, which you may run into with musically inspired names and Azalea

I love the idea of keeping the C.E. initials, though the 'ee' ending of Calanthe rules out some options. I'm not very up on my names that start with E, but here are a few:

Calanthe Eco / Echo -- is used as a musical term, as well as a name and has greek ties. Might be too much though.
    Calanthe Etoile -- means "star" in french
    Calanthe Estelle
    Calanthe Elise
    Calanthe Ellis
    Calanthe Enid

Musical:

Harper -- really like this actually.
    Piper
    Lark
    Lyra / Lyric
    Celeste
    Viola
    Belle
    Rina
    Chantal
    Shira
    Mavis
    Calliope
    Carol
    Gita
    Allegra
    Vesper
    Cadence
    Nera

I like:

Calanthe Estelle
    Calanthe Harper
    Calanthe Lark
    Calanthe Celeste
    Calanthe Allegra

Azalea Nera
    Azalea Mavis
    Azalea Chantel
    Azalea Celeste

Calanthe Allegra & Azalea Celeste is a nice combo, and their initials are reversed

Oh, my goodness! Calanthe and Azalea are gorgeous! It's no wonder your husband said yes to both of them! I love Calanthe Emmeline, and Azalea Temperance is beautiful too! I don't think either one is too much, and you should keep them the way they are!
    Erin; student, writer, Nerdfighter, and Slytherin.
    Favorite names of the moment: Cyra & Gideon.