Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Darcy?

Darcy?

Wanting to get some opinions on the name Darcy. I realized the other day that I like it quite a lot, but I'm not sure what most people think of it? How would it sound with siblings Lila and Nolan?

I LOVE Darcy on a boy because of Mr Darcy, but it feels too masculine for a girl. Darcey seems more feminine to me. It's fine with Lila and Nolan.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

With the name Darcy, I can't help but be reminded of Mr. Darcy in Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" (Colin Firth, anyone? ). It's spunky and boyish and one of the few gender neutral names I don't mind. It may be a bit too unisex next to the dainty Lila but it's not as jarring as other names would be (eg. Madison). It does match well with Nolan. I think it could work if you love it.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

See I associate it with a little British girl I met so for me it seems very playful and feminine, as well as a character from a movie that was a female (can't remember the movie-it was from my childhood).

I like it! It does remind me of Mr. Darcy, but for me personally, the name is 100% girl. I've also met a female Darcy and read a few books with female Darcy characters, so I can't really imagine the name on a boy at all. I think it works well with your other names.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~