Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Too Close for Twins?

I just recently discovered the name Calanthe and I've fallen head over heels for it! But then today I discovered Diantha and I think I might love it just as much. I'm always on the look out for twin names since twins run in my family and I really hope to have twins some day. Are Calanthe and Diantha too close in sound and meaning ( Calanthe = beautiful flower and Diantha = divine or heavenly flower) for twins? I definitely don't want to repeat the calamity that are the twins' names in my family, i.e. Velma Kay and Thelma Gay as well as Sheron Kay and Karen Fay. :P Thoughts?
    ~Cathryn Elizabeth~

Stay at home mommy to Benton Grover and Arwen Elizabeth.
    My fur babies are Walter and Marcheline aka Mooch.
    Current favorites: Imogen Temperance, Gwendolyn Lucille, Jessamyn Hazel, Charleston Hawk, Harrison Ambrose, Thompson Conrad

It's not nearly as bad as the other twin pairs from your family.
    But they're still way too close for my liking.
    Individually both names are gorgeous. (:
    Love,
    Zelda

Baby Cosima,
    expected to arrive in or around September

Yes, I do think they're too close for siblings (twins or otherwise). I think I prefer Calanthe myself if I had to choose. I like the pronunciation "kuh-LAN-thee" and the nature association (orchids are mysteriously beautiful). While legit, Diantha almost looks more like a smoosh of two names.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I was afraid of that. :/ Calanthe is still my favorite too I think. That's how I pronounce it as well, mischa. If only I could find the perfect twin name for Calanthe! I can't get my husband on board with Azalea, which I think would be perfect.
    ~Cathryn Elizabeth~

Stay at home mommy to Benton Grover and Arwen Elizabeth.
    My fur babies are Walter and Marcheline aka Mooch.
    Current favorites: Imogen Temperance, Gwendolyn Lucille, Jessamyn Hazel, Charleston Hawk, Harrison Ambrose, Thompson Conrad

what about Calanthe and Zahara? or Calanthe and Astrid?
    Cheers,
    alphabetters

My beautiful babies:
    Elena Rose (Ellie/Laney) 2011
    Felicity Iris Ruth (Lissy) 2012
    Archer Lawrence (Archie) 2014

Favourite future names: Broderick Pearson (Brock) or Griffin Pearson (Griffers) & Georgia Pearl (Gigi)