Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I love the sound of Nevaeh, though I don't like the look/the fact that it's heaven spelled backwards. But so what if it's a word spelled backwards? So many names are derived from words, or entirely made up. In 100 years if Nevaeh is still around, it will have a history too. But, I do like the sound. Very soft and feminine to me. Unfortunately there is no way of spelling this name without an unnecessary amount of y/h/a's.

To be honest Nevaeh doesn’t bother me, I don’t really like made up names but each to their own. And looking at the stats (in the UK) more than 500 girls were given the name or a variation Nevaeh-Grace, Nevaeh-Mae, Nevaeh-Rose etc. (not that I like the double name thing either ) But...were you waiting for the but?...what irks me is the 16 girls whose names are spelt Neveah and then the other versions Nevayah/Nevaya. If these are genuine names that I don’t recognise, sorry, but to me they look like kr8tv3 spelling Urrrghhh!

I think it sounds quite nice, and I absolutely love a and e together (ae), so I think it looks okay (but still a bit wrong). I don't think I'd use it seeing as so many people call it 'tacky', 'trashy' etc. Tbh when I first saw it I didn't even realise it was heaven spelt backwards! Also, just out of interest, if someone from the 'upper class' or someone influential and well respected had invented and called their child Nevaeh, would it still be classed as tacky? Why is the fact it's a name associated with the 'lower class' such a bad thing? I could go on about this for a while, but I won't, seeing as a lot of other posters have already made some valid points about class discrimination etc.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    ✦ Pandora Valencia Fae ✧ Evanthe Lyra Annabeth ✦
    Little Misses
    ✧ Caspian Sherlock Walter ✦ Phoenix Arthur Blaise ✧
    Mister Men

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the name Nevaeh. Nothing. In fact, in 2010, it was the third most popular name in New Mexico, a state that is 75.6% white. So do NOT argue the race argument, or call it an abomination, or deem the name "too worthy" for a middle class family and/or child. There's absolutely no merit to that argument.

I'm not exactly sure why people think they have the right to go ahead and blast a name just because they think it's "trashy." Perhaps someone out there thinks your own name is low-class. Does that make you feel better about yourself, because you're ravaging the name of countless little girls?

Maybe some people have associations with the name Nevaeh. I, in fact, know a gorgeous little girl named Nevaeh and her parents are both professors. Mind you, English professors. There is nothing low-class about them. The reason they chose Nevaeh is because the mother's sister passed away a week before their daughter was born. They didn't want to use her name, but they wanted to honor that one place they knew she was: in Heaven. But some people don't like the name Heaven. Oh, well. There are other options *cough cough* like Nevaeh.

And so it is. For many girls, it is. It's their name. So please, stop with the horrible comments and unncessasary bashing, because I've seen SO much hate on poor little Nevaeh. Just because you don't think it's established doesn't mean it's not. It is. Face facts.

(P.S. Sorry for the vent, I've just been really upset surrounding this issue)
    What's in a Name? That Which We Call a Rose by Any Other Name Would Smell as Sweet.
    -William Shakespeare-

|| Luna Hatidza || Elham Ibrahim ||

♥ Luna & Elham ♥

I would say Nevaeh is actually a real name because of how well used it is becoming. A lot of names are made up - sometimes as variations of other names or from places or words. To me they become 'real names' when they start being used as first-names by more than one or two people - that is definitely the case with Nevaeh.
    I personally don't like Nevaeh - I do think it has a pretty sound and the 'heaven spelled backwards' thing doesn't bother me, what annoys me about it is that the spelling and pronunciation don't match - it just seems like someone decided to spell Heaven backwards and randomly picked the pronunciation neh-VAY-ah to go with it. Does that make sense? Anyway that's the reason I don't like it.
    Unfortunately there will always be some names that are seen as 'lower-class' names but I think this varies a lot from area to area. I have no thoughts about this concerning Nevaeh as I have never actually met anyone called Nevaeh - it's not a popular name here. Incidentally it seems to only be popular/trendy names that develop this 'low-class' image - I guess this is what has happened to Nevaeh seeing as it has got very popular very quickly in some places.
    I appologise if none of this makes sense!