Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    Unfortunately, a name doesn't have to be unusual for people to get it wrong. It doesn't help when there are a bunch of variants floating around out there. My name is Lauren and I've been called almost every Laur-/Lor- name I can think of at some point. If it's someone I've only met once or twice, fair enough, it's easy to forget. When someone's known me for months or years and still can't get my name right (or spell it right), it really bugs me!
    Yeah, I'm a Karen with the same issue. It contains five letters, it's an extremely well known basic name and there isn't really another way to spell it but people butcher it all the time with extra 'r's or ask me if it's 'with a C'??

It's much easier to just start by saying 'I'm Ren.'
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    Unfortunately, a name doesn't have to be unusual for people to get it wrong. It doesn't help when there are a bunch of variants floating around out there. My name is Lauren and I've been called almost every Laur-/Lor- name I can think of at some point. If it's someone I've only met once or twice, fair enough, it's easy to forget. When someone's known me for months or years and still can't get my name right (or spell it right), it really bugs me!
    Yeah, I'm a Karen with the same issue. It contains five letters, it's an extremely well known basic name and there isn't really another way to spell it but people butcher it all the time with extra 'r's or ask me if it's 'with a C'??
    I'm Rachel and I get nametags, letters in the post, birthday cards from my family, posts on facebook etc.. all with my name spelled Rachael.
    Once I even got a coffee in Starbucks with Rechel on it and I have a friend who spells my name Raichll for some reason - I mean that really just looks like a random collection of letters!

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    I have met a Karin, Karyn, and Caryn - so yes there are several ways that Karen can be spelled.

@Ren I know a Karen said Care-yn and a Caryn as Karen
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆

My name is Marianne and the only problems I have had with it are

-the lack of keychains/pens etc with my name on it.
    -spelling (I've see Maryanne, Maryann-Mary-ann, Marieann etc)
    -Sometimes people mishear me and call me Marion, Marianna, Mary-Ellen, Marissa(seriously people?)

But despite all that, I still love my name.