Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

What are you reading?

[ deleted ]
    Last edited by claraoswinoswald; March 30th, 2014 at 01:41 PM.

Last night I finished reading The Cuckoo's Calling by "Robert Galbraith" (J. K. Rowling). I absolutely loved it! It's very un-Harry Potter, so I definitely don't recommend it if you are only reading it for the author. I've read The Casual Vacancy a few times now, and I seem to be the only person who really loved it Haha oh well!

Next I think I'm going to read Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray.
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

Right now I'm reading a few books, the most recent being The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly. I was home last weekend and I was looking through my bookshelf for something to bring back to school with me. I found a book that I had apparently gotten for my birthday in 2006 (someone wrote a nice little message for me on the inside). I guess I never got around to reading it. When I was reading it last night, I found a receipt I had used as a bookmark dated from 2007. :P It's pretty interesting so far... I'm only about 20 pages in, but it seems like it'll be a pretty quick read. I like the author's style. He's very descriptive. Great writing.

I'm also reading The Particle at the End of the Universe by Sean Carroll. It's about the Higgs boson particle. Oh, ya know, just some casual light reading.

I'm currently reading:

Sophie's Choice - more explicit than I expected but the writing is pretty good. Finally got to the interesting part and past all the yammering about the writer.

Foundation (Asimov) - creative idea but more political than I find appealing. Also, the major "hook" of psychohistory I find rather weak and unsupportable. Good writing and a good concept though.

Anne's House of Dreams - happy fluffy reading.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Just finished 'The Book Thief' (started off not liking it at all, ended up thinking it was very pretty but not a lot really happened) and am about to start reading Hugh Howey's 'Wool' stuff. I'm not looking forward to it. From what I've heard, I have a feeling it may be overrated.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.