Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Pour les étudiants de la langue française!

I've noticed that it seems to come up with some regularity on the language thread that people wish there was a way to practice their French/talk to someone else in French, so I thought this might be the perfect solution! I'm not sure there's any interest in it, even, but I figured we could give it a go. (I thought it might be fun to come up with our own "French" names, too, since this is Nameberry and all, but that's totally not necessary. )

The idea of it is to basically be a French "support group" (not sure that's the right word?). I figured we could all talk in French, and depending on our level, we can all jump in, here and there, and say what we have the ability to say. I have just found it very helpful to be able to talk to someone else in French, to practice putting the words together. @whirligig and I PM back and forth in French, and it's helped me formulate sentences and ideas and thoughts in French much better, and expose me to words I'm not familiar with myself.

I was contemplating writing the OP in French, too, but I figured it was easier to do it this way, especially for the beginners. And if no one else is really interested, we'll just let it die gracefully.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd & aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace + Caleb Elias Joseph + Arianne Eleanor Daisy + Everett Joshua Charles + Olivia Wren Camille
    Grant Frédéric Conrad + Violet Emilia Mary + Casper Nathaniel Eden + Grace Odilia Lily + Samuel Gaspard John

I've recently started a new story--feel free to come along with me for the journey! havengermany.blogspot.com
    Chapter 1 is up! And an author's note! (Alas, don't get too excited.)

I practice a bit of French every night but definitely could use some improving! I think it would be fun to learn with other people.
    Most of the things I know relate to bread... And butter... And cheese...

Eh, bien, je vais commencer. Je m'appelle Ashley, mais si nous utilisons les noms français, je vais utiliser Élise. Elle me convient, et j'utilise le surnom "Lise" quelquefois.

Je viens des États Unis, mais ma meilleure amie était une Parisienne, et j'adore la culture française. Quand elle est mort, je me suis promise que j'apprendrais la langue en son honneur. Je m'ai appris avec le site Web "duolingo.com". Je ne parle pas couramment le français, mais j'essaie!

Quelqu'un d'autre?

ETA: @theodora_phoenix - le pain et le fromage sont bons! Nous pouvons parler à propos du fromage et du pain. I don't know if you got any of that, but we can talk about cheese and bread if you like! Hopefully this will hope all of us no matter which level we're at, and hopefully we can pick up words here and there. Keep working on those words, though--I'm sure it's helping!
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; January 17th, 2015 at 07:23 PM.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd & aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace + Caleb Elias Joseph + Arianne Eleanor Daisy + Everett Joshua Charles + Olivia Wren Camille
    Grant Frédéric Conrad + Violet Emilia Mary + Casper Nathaniel Eden + Grace Odilia Lily + Samuel Gaspard John

I've recently started a new story--feel free to come along with me for the journey! havengermany.blogspot.com
    Chapter 1 is up! And an author's note! (Alas, don't get too excited.)

C'est une idée fantastique Élise!
    J'ai étudie le français depuis...12 ans. Mais, j'ai seulement 15 ans- en Angleterre c'est noyau à la programme. Cependant, je ne parle pas bien le français, même si je voudrais être couramment dans la langue.
    Je m'appelle Natasha...mais si nous utilisons les noms français, je penserai ce que j'aim le plus...probablement Geneviève ou Camille...mais j'adore beaucoup de noms français.

En ce moment, je étudie le français pour mes examens (en?) Mai. J'èspere continuer le français après ça.

Merci Élise. Je trouve que (this thread) déjà aider moi.
    (please excuse the awful syntax...I'm still learning!)
    name-obsessed teenager with only hypothetical, fully-named children

marina-clementine-romilly-anna-beatrice-elora
    theo-finn-alexander-soren-taran-milun

marina genevieve priya, theo alexander milun, anna romilly ?
    british lover of all things downton abbey

J'aime duolingo aussi.
    J'ai essayé apprendre l'espagnol, mais...c'était nul...j'étais nul!
    (I am so sorry your best friend passed away. I think what you're doing is wonderful. Well done you)
    name-obsessed teenager with only hypothetical, fully-named children

marina-clementine-romilly-anna-beatrice-elora
    theo-finn-alexander-soren-taran-milun

marina genevieve priya, theo alexander milun, anna romilly ?
    british lover of all things downton abbey