Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ANZAC Day?

ANZAC Day?

Since it's the 100th Anniversary of the ANZAC's landing at Gallipoli I was wondering if any of the my fellow Kiwiberries or Aussieberries were going to be doing anything this ANZAC Day. I plan to head to my local dawn service with my mum and later on watch some ANZAC programmes on TV. If you are what are you plans?
    My top ten names for each gender always subject to chance

Girls

Elodie, Willa, Imogen, Isadora, Adira, Lyra,Emmeline, Aya ,Delaney, Alexandra

Boys

Lachlan, Callum, Breccan, Torin, Rafferty, Calder, Tavish, Finnian, Archer, Paxton

My youngest is one on Anzac Day (had my own special dawn service last year!) so we will be celebrating her birthday with friends. Bbq and a cake, that sort of thing, nothing major. Haven't been to a dawn service in a very long time!
    Josie
    Mum to Tallulah, Matilda and Juniper

I'll most likely not be doing much since I'm in a boarding school and can't do too much, I've never been to a dawn service due to having a brother who's five years younger then me. I think I'm going to a mass and service at the momuent hill nearby we also have an ANZAC day mass at school on Friday. My families never really gotten too into it maybe because my only relatives who fought in WW1 were fighting for Scotland and England though I still see it as one of the founding parts of Australia and New Zealand's identity.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    Future middle names will honour family
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Hope you guys have a great day! My great, great uncle Louis Napoleon also fought at Gallipoli
    ~Boys~

★ August Eli Benedict ★ Bram ★ Casimir Mordecai ★ Edmond John Meirion ★ Gillon ★
    ★ Jory Leander ★ Julian Charles ★ Macsen ★ Magnus ★ Vasiliy ★

~Girls~

★ Aira Rose ★ Arietta ★ Clover ★ Delphina ★ Eleni ★ Fiorella ★ Hester Isobel ★
    ★ Iris ★ Lilah ★ Merit ★ Sylvia ★

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I can't attend the dawn service as I have to work during that time ( ) but I definitely intend on doing something to commemorate the day.

Lest we forget.

POPPY | EIRA | ASTRID | JUNO
    Annie - Edith - Eva - Greta - Ingrid - Jane - Sunny
    Asteria - Dorothy - Evangeline - Gwendolen - Gwyneira
    Juniper - Luciana - Olympia - Rosemary - Selena - Valerie
    you look lvely today
    WALTER | VINCENT | THORIN | SINDRI
    Altair - Atlas - Augustus - Austen - Caspar - Cassian
    Christian - Donovan - Edmund - Elliot - Hiro
    Julian - Leo - Martin - Orion - Theo
    Please Vote