Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Fault in our Stars

The Fault in our Stars is a currently popular book by John Green. The Hazel name comments are overflowing with comments about the book. Since it is so popular and now a movie, you can talk about it here. No other books or movies allowed! Talk about what you liked and didn't.

I thought TFIOS was okay. I liked the movie better than the book. I hated the book at first, but I sort of like it now.
    Fan of: Legend of Zelda ★ Harry Potter ★ Divergent ★ Lord of the Rings

Favourite Girl Names: http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/76175

Favourite Boy Names: http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/76178

I just read the book and I'm not planning to watch the movie anytime soon. I did like the book a lot but there were parts I wish could have been left out and the language was a bit "Ack!" for me.
    ...ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est. Congregavit nos in unum Christi amor...
    ~Cecilia Flavia Kathleen Brighid Lucy Maire Nora Lily Beatrice Eilish Genevieve Romola Fleur Eleanor Eulalia Sophie Gianna Julia Susanna Mairead Fionnuala ~
    ...Dominic Paul Austin John Emmet Seamus Leo Daniel Eamon Patrick Colin George Peter Cathal Aidan Maximilian Simon Hugh Finnian Thomas Linus Augustine...
    ~Fleet the time carelessly, as they did in the golden world~
    Love comforteth, like
    sunshine after rain.

I liked both. They're not favourites or anything, but I did like them. I thought the actors were rather strong and spot on, though a few lines by... someone (maybe Isaac or another character? Can't remember) were a little off.

Hazel
    Teenberry, Australian

- Favourites -
    Rosalie | Anna Genevieve | Evangeline Lacey
    Elliot Christian | Julian Theodore | Walter

- Currently Crushing On -
    Arwen | Astrid | Edith | Poppy | Lucinda
    Augustus | Dean | Edmund | Cassian | Vincent

I LOVE the book but the movie was... Well a good movie but I seriously think casting Ansel Elgort was a mistake. I don't dispute the fact that he's hot and good looking but he is nothing like what I imagined Augustus to be and I just couldn't believe in him having cancer.
    The movie cut out a LOT of the scenes immediately before Gus died and the ending was very stuffed up. I hated the fact that Kaitlyn wasn't in it and that Van Houten came to Gus's funeral to give Hazel the letter- it was just cheesy.
    Also it didn't end with I do, Augustus, I do- nooooo!
    Just another teenberry name-lover

Lists under construction

Quote Originally Posted by peachyowl View Post
    I LOVE the book but the movie was... Well a good movie but I seriously think casting Ansel Elgort was a mistake. I don't dispute the fact that he's hot and good looking but he is nothing like what I imagined Augustus to be and I just couldn't believe in him having cancer.
    The movie cut out a LOT of the scenes immediately before Gus died and the ending was very stuffed up. I hated the fact that Kaitlyn wasn't in it and that Van Houten came to Gus's funeral to give Hazel the letter- it was just cheesy.
    Also it didn't end with I do, Augustus, I do- nooooo!
    As a fan of Divergent, I thought the casting for TFIOSF was a bit awkward. Any Divergent fan knows Shailene and Ansel played siblings in the movie, so it was weird for them to be lovers in this one. I immediately noticed there was no Kaitlyn,and wonder why not seeing as the story had very few characters to begin with.i didn't realise how much was left out until I reread the book.
    Fan of: Legend of Zelda ★ Harry Potter ★ Divergent ★ Lord of the Rings

Favourite Girl Names: http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/76175

Favourite Boy Names: http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/76178