Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Namer Terms

Namer Terms

I dont know where this belongs so I put it here.

What are some "namer terms" that non-namers wouldnt know what they mean? Like GP, sibset. Any more???
    My Little Misses :: Lorraine Alice "Lori"
    His Little Misses :: Under Construction

My Little Gents :: David Walter ~ Aubrey Mark ~ Warren Keith ~ Maverick Jon "Mav" ~ Gideon Robert
    His Little Gents :: David Walter ~ Jack ~ Apollo

Visit my blog: www.babynameseveryday.blogspot.com

I think non name nerds would be able to understand what "guilty pleasure" names are, but I agree, perhaps not GP. The only ones I can think of are DH, DD and DS, which I read mean "darling / dear husband", "darling / dear daughter" and "darling / dear son". It took me ages to figure out what they meant, and it was frustrating me so I decided to look it up, haha.

P.S = I think this thread would fit in better in the Talk About Baby Names or the Everything But Names sections.
    I'm a Teenberry who is mad about names, royals & history. Not expecting, just collecting.

Adelina Sophia ♕ Magdalena Élisabeth ♕ Isla Aveline
    Leo Xavier ♕ Alexander George ♕ Thomas Archie

Lists: Girls names, Boys names and Combinations!

Crushes: Joy, Beline, Emiliana, Melusine, Désirée, Amadeus, Tristan, Octavius and Joshua
    GP Crushes: Holiday, Cherish, Ludovico and Zadok

Maybe abbreviations like FN, MN, nn.

And there are plenty of terms that non-name-nerds would understand, but that we berries use in a more name-specific way (combo, flow, dated, etc.) as well as momberry/TTC specific things (like BFP.)

And I agree that this thread might be better off in another section.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

I’d add
    prn = pronunciation
    to the already created list but really I think most are pretty straight forward and/or can easily be plugged into a search engine for a result. I can’t think of any that are really NB (nameberry) specific or naming specific with the exception of NB maybe....lol.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

nn. I feel like if I ever want to ask friends or family about names for a future story, I can't just write Benedikt nn Ben. They'd be like, "Ummmm... what does "nn" mean?!" I feel like nms(aa), fn, ln, mn, etc., would equally be lost on them. Even though they're not that hard to pick up on. I pretty much figured out all the lingo on my own, haha!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George