Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    O_O My name is on a "I'm currently reading list" *blush*
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I find myself having to read Wool....and Cinder. Any thoughts? As for gritty fantasy, my niece's new ms is top notch. Watch for it -- Amarine.

I'm currently reading "Of Human Bondage" by W. Somerset Maugham for my English class, and I have a few other books ("Brideshead Revisited" and "House of Mirth") set aside. Human Bondage is really good so far, but I feel like I'm not making enough progress.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

What a great thread!

Right now I'm working my way through Jane Eyre and Sense and Sensibility (because, apparently, I am incapable of picking just one book and sticking to it!). I've started The Three Musketeers and The Great Gatsby, too, and I'm trying to convince myself to finish those, at some point, too. I've also been working my way through Grace for the Moment (a devotional with excerpts from Max Lucado's books) and John Eldridge's Waking the Dead through my personal devotions each day.

Aaaaand I just finished re-reading Reclaiming Nick, by Susan May Warren. My tastes are definitely biased in favor of classic literature and Christian fiction/romance, lol.

And I have a whole list (probably 10 books by now!) of stuff I need to pick up from Barnes and Noble with all the giftcards I got from Christmas and such, but I told myself I can't buy any more books until I get through Jane Eyre (and maybe even The Great Gatsby--I truly promised myself I wouldn't buy them until I got through both, but then I went and started Sense and Sensibility, too, so who knows when I'll actually buy more books, lol.)
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    Well I love it too but I have the hardest time finding it. Please, if you have suggestions for other grim/gritty books/authors, let me know ^_^
    Have you read the books by Patrick Rothfuss? He's written two books of his three part Kingkiller Chronicle series. The first book in this series is "The Name of the Wind." It's very good. I like Robin Hobb's books too. I wouldn't describe her books as gritty, but it's not light fantasy.