Names Searched Right Now:
Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
    I'm actually juggling two books right now, which is unheard of for me. I started with The Last of the Mohicans, but I'm going so slow... it's definitely a bit different from the movie. I decided to start another book and just do a chapter a day of Mohicans. So I am also reading The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay.

Trying to make the most of uninterrupted reading time before baby gets here!
    - Em
    Jameson Lewis - October 11th, 2014
    Ronan Charles | Asher Heath
    Lorelei Ruby | Hazel Marian | Nadia Laurel

I loved Kavalier and Clay! Michael Chabon did a reading and talk at my university and I was so excited to go...but I'd pulled an all-nighter the night before and embarrassingly dozed off for pretty much the whole thing. Oops.

Recently finished Cascade by Maryanne O'Hara and LOVED it. Set back in the 1930s, young artistic woman's caught in marriage of security trying to save her late father's playhouse, but falls in love with the traveling salesman - and all amidst the state of Massachusetts deciding whether it will destroy their town to build a sorely needed reservoir for Boston. Not schmaltzy or sappy; more like the kind of gorgeous, sometimes a bit-too-incisive observations on love that probably isn't meant to be. Highly recommend.

Kind of swamped with work reading right now, but currently enjoying Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and looking forward to finally getting around to Hild by Nicola Griffith. Anyone here read Hild? I feel people looking for a way better version of GoT mixed in with some woman power and medieval mysticism, this is it (or at least that's what I keep getting told)...

I've started reading The Other Boleyn Girl. I'm sort of enjoying it so far.
    teenberry . names . royals . history . photography

adelina sophia ♡ magdalena élisabeth ♡ isla aveline ♡ elysia rose ♡ ophelia maeve
    leo xavier ☆ alexander george ☆ thomas archie ☆ harry lysander ☆ nicholas louis

Girls list, boys list & name blog.

Crushes: daisy. victorine . arabella . philippe . matthew . ivor
    GP Crushes: pomeline . annemijn // rosemijn . eilidh . zephyrus . octavio. erasmus

@pepperhannigan - I also read Code Name Verity and was so disappointed. I was specifically looking for a book about female friendships (being sick of romances) and Verity's absolutely glowing reviews made me pick up a copy for fully price (which I rarely do- usually I get them for some kind of discount at my kindle or go to the library). But ultimately I found it boring, the POV weird, and the female friendship nowhere near as close to the depth I wanted it to be. I can't help but wonder what I'm missing.

My Spring Break wasn't too long ago so I got a lot of reading done then- Replay, More Than This, Stardust, Ash, and then last week I finished Pride and Prejudice. Replay was a cool concept but I hated the main character, More Than This was very good (a 400 page book I finished in a day because it's so captivating), and Ash wasn't as good as I wanted it to be (it's a queer retelling of Cinderella, and while I like the writing itself and the world I didn't love the characters and the romance left me ultimately disappointed). Stardust was a let down too because one of the reasons I love the movie so much is because I feel like you really get to see Tristan and Yvaine's relationship build, but in the book it feels like they just get together at the end without really seeing the connection form. And I was surprised to learn that Gaiman didn't come up with the movie's intense final scenes, but instead wrote a simple conversation between two characters that finished the novel.

Pride and Prejudice was so much better than I thought it was going to be. Mr. Bennet cracked me up, and I ended up taking out a pencil and underlining all the sentences that I found funny (which were many). I was worried it would be dull, but it wasn't.

I've ordered two theatre books. One is Finishing the Hat by Stephen Sondheim, which is a collection of his lyrics up to Sweeney Todd with his own opinions. I've always loved musical theatre but it's only recently that I've become really interested in its history, so I'm excited for that book to arrive. I've also ordered "Everything Was Possible" which is about the creation and first production of the musical Follies. I'm somewhat interested in theatre management so that should be an interesting read too.

For summer, I'm trying to read more classics since I enjoyed Pride and Prejudice so much. I'm thinking of starting off with Middlemarch and One Hundred Years of Solitude.
    Matilda & Clementine | Eve & Ruth | Georgia & Scarlett | Rosalind & Lydia
    Olive & Luna | Tess & June | Corisande & Marceline | Rhodora & Clover
    Hester & Laura | Adelaide & Guinevere | Faye & Ivy | Nora & Jane

Half way through The Hobbit and really enjoying it. I'm glad I've finally managed to get further than the first two chapters. Looking forward to finding out what happens at the end and reviewing it on my blog.
    Name lover & Engaged to a wonderful man

Lilith - Vesper - Francesca - Tiffany - Lark - Viola - Naomi - Eloise - Layla - Amy - Phoebe - Freya
    Zachary - Alexander - Tristan - George - Axel - Dominic - Loki - Malachi- Rowan - Harvey - Griffin - Briar

Bunny names:
    M: Banjo, Chewbacca
    F: Kairi, Pika
    Uni: Bantha, Domino, Tadpole

My blog: http://thereviewinators.wordpress.com/