Names Searched Right Now:
Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kala_way View Post
    That's been on my list for awhile, but every time I get to it I convince myself to read something else because it'll be boring, but I'm fascinated by the concept. Love to know your final thoughts when you're done.
    Now that I have completed the book, my final thoughts are that it was interesting. I'm personally not a fan of science history, but I have to admit, the way the author presented this story was great. I did at times find that I had to force my way through the book, particularly where the book talked about different scientists who studied HeLa between the 1950's to about the 1970's. It got kind of confusing for me. With that being said, I would still recommend this, only if you really wanted to know the true story of these amazing cells. It truly is a one-of-a-kind book.

Current Favorites
    August - Daniel - Erik - Heath - Leo - Ronan
    Eve - Fiona - Johanna - Lana - Lena - Sally

Quote Originally Posted by adelina_sophia View Post
    It's getting a little better for me now as I'm understanding it a bit more, although Death is still narrating, so sometimes it's still quite confusing!
    He narrates all the way through but he stops interrupting as much
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Quote Originally Posted by oiseau View Post
    I just picked up Pandora by Anne Rice and The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern from the library today! Have any of you guys read either? I'm super excited to start Pandora. I can't lie, it's probably because I love that name.
    I loved "The Night Circus" and finished it in a matter of hours - the separate tent descriptions absolutely fascinated me (I'm the kind of person who loves imaginative details like those)

Has anyone read "Middlemarch" by George Eliot? I am finally getting around to starting it, but the size is slightly putting me off...

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

I'm reading two things:
    Skunk for Rent (a Christian fiction book from the 80s)
    The Warrior Heir (for my book club)
    Mary, Ophelia, Lily, Genevieve, Elsa, Agatha, Gwyneth, Blanche, Kate, Florence, Nessie, Dylan, Dee
    Finn, Cove, Augustus, Alfie, Todd, Harry, Dylan, Jericho, Alistair, Melchior, Wesley

Yes, I like Dylan on boys and girls....don't judge me.

I'm about to start reading "Looking for Alaska" by John Green. I'm not sure if its going to be my cup of tea, but I enjoyed the Fault in Our Stars well enough so I thought I'd give it a chance.

I have about five books I still need to finish but I just can't seem to find the motivation. Technically, I am currently reading: "The Secret Keeper" by Kate Morton, "The Winter Sea" and "The Rose Garden" by Susanna Kearsley, "The American Heiress" by Daisy Goodwin and "The Secret Daughter of the Tsar" by Jennifer Laam.
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia