Names Searched Right Now:
Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like GOT!
    It wasn't terrible, but dang the violence and the meandering narrative and the sexualizing of children and the names that are not quite actual names, but almost---grrr! was totally over it by the end of the first book.

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonhaley View Post
    Do any of you happen to know of historically set romances I could get into? Haha, I'm running out of reading material (nearly done with Lily-Josephine, it's excellent! ).
    I read buckets of Christian historical romance when I was a teenager.
    Bodie Thoene's series set during WW2 was my favorite - they're old now but they each have a city name in them. Like Prauge Counterpoint and Vienna Prelude.
    The Russians is a pretty good series too, by Michael Phillips and Judith Pela

I'm currently reading The Acts of King Arthur and his Knights by John Steinbeck. I'm really enjoying it, a very cool update.

Last book I finished was Bossypants by Tina Fey.....which was funny. Can't really say much more for it than that. It was perfectly nice and fine and funny, but I can't say i got much more out of it than just a laugh or two.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    I've read that! I liked it a lot but I did have to yell at the main character a few times. I understand completely why she views all white people and their motives with scepticism but from a reader's perspective, hearing her have the same reaction every time got really tedious x_x

Why did they change the title? I thought it was named after the real book/ledger, which I think was actually called 'The Book of Negroes'.
    I'm not sure. My copy is called The Book of Negroes, and it seems to go by that name in Canada and the UK, but is called Someone Knows My Name in the US, Australia, and NZ. Maybe there was some discomfort with the word "negroes"? I used the other name because that's how I've seen it referenced online most of the time.

@Kala_Way: I really enjoyed those Bodie Thoene novels set during WWII!
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Quote Originally Posted by sweekune View Post
    My copy of The Kite Runner arrived today. Anyone else read it?
    Yes and I absolutely loved it! I've also read And the Mountains Echoed which was also great. I'm currently reading Cutting for Stone and The Goldfinch is next on my list.

Unfortunately I have never been able to read more than one book at a time. Aside from books assigned for class that is, I'm currently stuck in a business themed lit class... not fun.
    Ben & Lainy - 10.8.12

Violet Audrey Laine . Lola Felicity Kate . Mira Juliet Pearl
    Aurelia, Avalon, Catherine, Daisy, Elizabeth, Joss, Joy, Juniper, Isabeau, Liv,
    Lydia, Mabel, Magnolia, Mirabel, Reverie, Summer, Tessa, Vesper, Zelda

Archer Gregory James . Leo Benjamin North . Vincent Daniel Jude
    Asher, August, Beau, Bodhi, Dominic, Donovan, Ezra, Finn,
    Flynn, Forrest, Grey, Hugo, Joshua, Julius, Sage, Theodore

I just picked up Pandora by Anne Rice and The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern from the library today! Have any of you guys read either? I'm super excited to start Pandora. I can't lie, it's probably because I love that name.

loco for rococo

✫

fanciful: Twila Posey, Odette Francesca, Orlaith Glimmer, Fianna Ruby, Poet Cadenza, Indie Nell.
    ///             ///             ///    

Ouen Amos, Cillian Ambrose, Oswin Maverick, Casimir Orlando, Oscar Phineas.  

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    Yeah, I loathed it at the start. Once Death shuts up it gets better
    It's getting a little better for me now as I'm understanding it a bit more, although Death is still narrating, so sometimes it's still quite confusing!
    teenberry . names . royals . history . divergent . photography

adelina sophia ♕ magdalena élisabeth ♕ isla aveline ♕ athénaïs lenore ♕ beatrice adeline
    leo xavier ♕ alexander george ♕ thomas archie ♕ harry lysander ♕ cornelius laszlo

i have given my lists of girls and boys names a clean up!

crushes: ada . vita . margot . melita . jonah . albert . peregrine
    gp crushes: leopoldine. appoline . ileana . zosia "zsa zsa" . evangelos. tassilo . claudius