Names Searched Right Now:
Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sweekune View Post
    My copy of The Kite Runner arrived today. Anyone else read it?
    I've read it and found it fantastic, though disturbing at times. I could barely put it down. I've read his other two books as well.

I've been reading Lawrence Hill's Someone Knows My Name (also called The Book of Negroes). It's gripping and a great read so far.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I'm re-reading Under the Never Sky, and my opinion of it hasn't changed--it's good, but not the best dystopia out there.
    Merry Christmas
    Dios te ama tanto que envió a su Hijo
    Chuck, Seymour
    Peggy

Quote Originally Posted by maggiefromcanada View Post
    I've been reading Lawrence Hill's Someone Knows My Name (also called The Book of Negroes). It's gripping and a great read so far.
    I've read that! I liked it a lot but I did have to yell at the main character a few times. I understand completely why she views all white people and their motives with scepticism but from a reader's perspective, hearing her have the same reaction every time got really tedious x_x

Why did they change the title? I thought it was named after the real book/ledger, which I think was actually called 'The Book of Negroes'.

Quote Originally Posted by adelina_sophia View Post
    Just started reading The Book Thief. I'm finding it quite difficult to understand and don't really see the appeal for it at the moment, but my opinion might change as I'm still at the beginning.
    Yeah, I loathed it at the start. Once Death shuts up it gets better
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Do any of you happen to know of historically set romances I could get into? Haha, I'm running out of reading material (nearly done with Lily-Josephine, it's excellent! ).
    Ladies: Florence•Amelia•Daisy•Martha•Millie•Scar lett•Sophia•Poppy•Freya•Amelie•Maisie• Olivia•Charlotte•Imogen•Harriet
    Evie•Lillian•Isabelle•Ella•Louisa•Eleano r•Violet•Lucy•Annabelle•Phoebe•Elsie•M innie•Matilda•Grace•Evelyn•Pixie

Gentlemen: Albert•Matthew•Henry•Louis•William•Harry •Teddy•James•Charlie•Christopher• Ernest•Andrew•Adam•Thomas•Alfie
    Edward•Archie•Daniel•Harrison•George•Sta nley•Joel•Rafferty•Michael•Samuel•Winsto n•Freddie•Darcy

Historically set romances....I'm not into that genre, but from what I've heard/what the blurbs are, I think some classics might be romance....
    Merry Christmas
    Dios te ama tanto que envió a su Hijo
    Chuck, Seymour
    Peggy