Names Searched Right Now:
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    I'm almost done with Ender's Game now >_> We were on the road a lot yesterday while my mom watched Persephone. Love it more than the book. It's got more violence in it than I thought and the characters, particularly Bean and Bonzo are different in the movie. I love Bean in the book but he was sort of a throwaway in the movie. :/

So, after I'm done with this, I need more books to read!! Someone suggest something.

And I have a general question for all you readers. What is it about the GoT books that are so amazing? I tried to read the first one 3 times now and I can't get past like chapter 5. I felt like the first chapter or prologue maybe with the zombie things was ridiculous :/ And the incest siblings and the fractured way he does point of view. I hate reading one chapter about Ned and the next chapter having nothing to do with anything I've previously read. I hated getting 5 chapters in and none of the chapters connected in the least. Someone encourage me. I'm going to try again because Cody wants to try, but I need to hear something about how the books get better or something.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    And I have a general question for all you readers. What is it about the GoT books that are so amazing? I tried to read the first one 3 times now and I can't get past like chapter 5. I felt like the first chapter or prologue maybe with the zombie things was ridiculous :/ And the incest siblings and the fractured way he does point of view. I hate reading one chapter about Ned and the next chapter having nothing to do with anything I've previously read. I hated getting 5 chapters in and none of the chapters connected in the least. Someone encourage me. I'm going to try again because Cody wants to try, but I need to hear something about how the books get better or something.
    I don't think they're amazing in the slightest. They're ok to read but it's more like an ongoing soap than a well planned out fantasy series. I'm not sure he really knows where he's going or how he wants to get there in the end. There're so many different points of view and - having read all seven books - I still don't understand the relevance of some of the characters. He needs a good editor. Four in particular is a real slog where barely anything of note actually occurs.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

OK. At least I'm not alone! I hate books with so many points of view that by 5 chapters I've got 5 different characters :/ I have 3 POV characters in Kith nor Kin and even that gets too many to want to mess with some days. :P
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dantea View Post
    OK. At least I'm not alone! I hate books with so many points of view that by 5 chapters I've got 5 different characters :/ I have 3 POV characters in Kith nor Kin and even that gets too many to want to mess with some days. :P
    I have... four... I think; Ayella, Robin, Cash and Leo. The main bulk of the story is told with two though. And yeah, I feel your pain. Trying to make sure they each have enough air time now is hard work.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    I don't think they're amazing in the slightest. They're ok to read but it's more like an ongoing soap than a well planned out fantasy series. I'm not sure he really knows where he's going or how he wants to get there in the end. There're so many different points of view and - having read all seven books - I still don't understand the relevance of some of the characters. He needs a good editor. Four in particular is a real slog where barely anything of note actually occurs.
    You're absolutely right. Usually I don't mind multiple POVs, but this series gets a little ridiculous. And the story drags on and on. It's like he's forgotten the point he was trying to make.
    Fionnuala | mumma & name obsessive